• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RMA delivery queries for faulty GTX 1070Ti

Associate
Hi all, my apologies if this is in the wrong place as I'm new here.

I'm slightly confused by the RMA policy on in-warranty faulty graphics cards; I've been told I need to pay for shipping myself, despite being sent a prepaid label last year (I didn't end up sending the GPU as I needed it for work), and then a month ago a rep on the phone told me that a DPD pickup would be available. Fast forward to me making the claim in mid May, I've been told that neither of these services are available and haven't been for a while.

Is this accurate? Insuring the full value of the GPU comes to around £30 on the DPD local website which seems a bit much, as they're only offering next day delivery (from my mobile at least).

Also, a side note- has anyone had a ZOTAC card repaired/replaced recently? If so, how long did it take? I'd rather not be out of a card for 28 days so if anyone has had it take less time it would be good news. My GPU fan (amp extreme) is rattling which is why I'm sending this back in the first place.

Many thanks and once again I apologize for any of my shortcomings.

Associate
OP
Not all companies will pay for the return. But if they do it's a bonus. Try emailing them about how much the cost is and maybe they will help out

Sorry I forgot to clarify, the RMA is currently with overclockers (it's being sent to their store)- why would they send me a prepaid label last November and then not now?

Soldato
Sorry I forgot to clarify, the RMA is currently with overclockers (it's being sent to their store)- why would they send me a prepaid label last November and then not now?

Because they probably had to pay for it back then even when you didn't use it - when I book returns with couriers for my business, I have to pay for it (unless its royal mail and I get charged when its scanned)

Associate
I believe you have the right to return a faulty item free of charge within 30days of purchase to the retailer. Past that you are into the murky area of consumer rights, terms of sale, guarantee and warranty T&Cs. Basically you are asking a question which should be in the warranty and returns T&Cs

and whilst its not common knowledge you have the right to claim for a faulty item up to 6yrs so don't throw away those expensive 2080Ti's just because its past the 2yr warranty :) but be prepared to fight for it

Associate
OP
Because they probably had to pay for it back then even when you didn't use it - when I book returns with couriers for my business, I have to pay for it (unless its royal mail and I get charged when its scanned)

Thank you for the reply,

I presumed it would be due to the previous shipping label, which makes sense to me. Although I'd prefer to have been told that rather than being told it's simply not policy to pay for RMA postage (if it is the case).

Associate
OP
If you have to send it off to them yourself now then you don't have to use DPD. Royal Mail Special Delivery is only around £12 if the package is under 2kg and that's with £1000 insurance. If it's over 2kg then check out the likes of Interparcel, Parcelhero and ipostparcels many of whom offer parcelforce and other couriers at very reduced prices.

Thank you for the detailed reply, I'll pick a service from here as they appear to have much more options.

Associate
OP
I believe you have the right to return a faulty item free of charge within 30days of purchase to the retailer. Past that you are into the murky area of consumer rights, terms of sale, guarantee and warranty T&Cs. Basically you are asking a question which should be in the warranty and returns T&Cs

and whilst its not common knowledge you have the right to claim for a faulty item up to 6yrs so don't throw away those expensive 2080Ti's just because its past the 2yr warranty :) but be prepared to fight for it

Haha I'm nearing the two year warranty with OC actually, which is why I was organising a return now (and also because I can part with the GPU for a while)
Although I don't have much confidence in the ZOTAC extended warranty, they never really acknowledged my product registration and didn't know what I was talking about when I inquired.

Soldato
I dealt directly with Zotac recently to RMA my faulty 980ti which was 4.5 years old....was also a rattling fan problem

I had to pay for the postage to send to them...used rm special delivery at about £11 which gives £500 of cover.

From when I sent the card off to when I received the replacement 1070 ( :) ) it was 7 days.

If I remember right they didn't find my extended warranty email/details at first but I had kept a copy of everything so then they found it :)

You should have received an email from them when you registered the card.

Associate
OP
That sounds amazing, do you think I should send it to them directly in that case? Even though I'm still within two years of purchase- I have the invoice from Overclockers, and I think I have the ZOTAC email from when I first registered the product.

Associate
OP
I dealt directly with Zotac recently to RMA my faulty 980ti which was 4.5 years old....was also a rattling fan problem

I had to pay for the postage to send to them...used rm special delivery at about £11 which gives £500 of cover.

From when I sent the card off to when I received the replacement 1070 ( :) ) it was 7 days.

If I remember right they didn't find my extended warranty email/details at first but I had kept a copy of everything so then they found it :)

You should have received an email from them when you registered the card.

Turns out I don't know how to reply to posts- do you think it's worth going directly to ZOTAC in that case? I'm still within the two years of warranty with OCUK so I'm unsure what to do, I want to minimise the amount of time I'm without a card.

Soldato
Turns out I don't know how to reply to posts- do you think it's worth going directly to ZOTAC in that case? I'm still within the two years of warranty with OCUK so I'm unsure what to do, I want to minimise the amount of time I'm without a card.

I cant remember what the "rules" are about whose responsible.....i think it might be ocuk for first 2 years of normal warranty then its zotac directly for the extended part...

just checked old message and yes it seems I contacted zotac first but they told me to deal with ocuk but then ocuk said as it was over the 2 years it was to be done with zotac directly

I would get in touch with both of them and see who says what :)

when I got my rma approved they offered me the 1070 as they had no 980ti in stock...i tried for a 1070ti but they had non in at that moment either.....worth asking if that moment comes for you :)

They replace on a performance basis not price...i tried to argue that my 980ti was £500 new but the 1070 was "only" £400 new...but they pointed out its the same performance...if not better as its the extreme amp version.

I also tried to pay extra to go up to a better card but that's not a service they offer at present they said...pitty....bought a 2070s a few weeks later :) ....zotac of course :)

Back
Top Bottom