Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Going to replace the R500s on my commuter for RS21s tonight. Must have done thousands of miles on the R500s. Will be sad when I do my last trip in them later this evening. Absolutely bullet proof wheels, survived 2 collisions with cars, sadly the hub is now on its way out on both wheels. Will also replace the tyres (I use GP 4 Seasons on my commuter).

I have too many wheels now in my garage, including C24s, C50s, Mavic Aksiums, Fulcrum Racing 5s....

nice, i've done around 1.2k on my r501's since replacing my original b'twin which failed after 1.4k miles..

look online at rosebikes if you haven't bought the new ones yet! they normally have some nice offers

Associate
Where does everybody buy their cheaper cycling jerseys from? I want something fairly plain but dont want to spend much money to be honest. I will have a look at the quality of the Aldi ones in a bit but don't particulalry like the colours.

I've got a couple of cheap black ones from Decathlon. I can't fault them for the price.

Soldato
Recommend me a base layer....

Getting cold when the suns not out now so need something not too hot but to stop me freezing.

The Rapha pro team base layer looks ok but pricey.

Associate
Recommend me a base layer....

Getting cold when the suns not out now so need something not too hot but to stop me freezing.

The Rapha pro team base layer looks ok but pricey.

lol, when you can say that Rapha gear is 'ok but pricy' you know you've got too much money. I feel the sting when I spend more than £20 on a top, let alone Rapha's £trollolol prices.

Caporegime

Cities are for cars, buses and trains. They are where people go to work hard and drink seriously. There is ample room in the countryside for frivolous people who want to affect healthiness and happiness and sport ridiculous millinery and garish apparel.
What a pretentious ****. Ah of course, it's the Guardian.

Oh and
The Lord alone knows how many working hours are lost each year by persistent cyclists dressing and undressing twice a day in the office simply to indulge this antisocial habit.
..or, like most I assume I come in a bit earlier and leave a bit later so that I can get changed and showered without affecting my work? What a *****.

Last edited:
Soldato
nice, i've done around 1.2k on my r501's since replacing my original b'twin which failed after 1.4k miles..

look online at rosebikes if you haven't bought the new ones yet! they normally have some nice offers

Will do thanks, want to buy another groupset (I have a nice 928 C2C Bianchi frame I stripped of evil Campag :p that needs parts).

Cannot believe how much components are. When DA 7900 came out you could get it for 800 (now 1200), and when i got Di2 I paid 1700 (now 2500) for it. DA 9000 looks nice, but stupidly priced! The crankset is nearly double the 7900 one I got before, but looks dead sexy!!!

Soldato
[Damien];24215189 said:
lol, when you can say that Rapha gear is 'ok but pricy' you know you've got too much money. I feel the sting when I spend more than £20 on a top, let alone Rapha's £trollolol prices.

Cheap bike good gear!

I'm riding a 3 year old Tiagra and Sora equipped Giant that I bought for $600.

Then spent my money on a good workshop and clothes so that riding and working on the bike is a joy. I just ride it as much as I can.

I have a merino t shirt that is very good, used to wear it to MTB in the uk, would need something racey bike cut fit instead of a little baggy.

Caporegime
[Damien];24215189 said:

Hey, it's damned good quality ;).

Soldato
[Damien];24215189 said:

yay im not the only one that gets :confused::confused::confused: over the rapha prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom