Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
My saddle is almost as far back as it will go but I don't want to alter the fore-aft position too much as I finally seemed to have the one position on the Romin that is actual super comfy.

Plus, everyone knows longer stem = more pro

Soldato
My Bont shoes are a bit tight, am I pro yet?

Dunno, how tight are they? :D

I think most people will struggle to get a position as ridiculous as Ryder Hesjedal:
Ryder-Hesjedal-TdF-bike.jpg

Soldato
Pros seem to like bikes several sizes too small for them with long stems and lots of seat post showing. Probably not advisable for most people!

I'm changing the 120mm back to a 130mm, if I slam the stem to the top tube too will this make me pro? Here is how it looks currently with a 120mm.

IMAG0036.jpg

Dunno, how tight are they? :D

I think most people will struggle to get a position as ridiculous as Ryder Hesjedal:
http://www.pbkblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Ryder-Hesjedal-TdF-bike.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Quoted from here - [url]http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/pro-bike-ryder-hesjedals-garmin-sharp-cervlo-r5ca--34473/[/url]

Saddle-to-bar drop: 174mm :o

Last edited:
Soldato
You're all way to pro for me :eek:

@Rusty can you actually ride that position and be comfy all day?

e: Go out and do a century and not come back in agony etc?

Soldato
I've no idea, never done a full days ride on it :p

All our local races are relatively short so I've not had any issues with position causing pains. Training rides are never more than 2 hours really.

Soldato
Apparently a big factor for pros is that it's less fatiguing for them to ride with straight arms rather than elbows bent so to achieve the same aero position that necessitates a bigger saddle to bar drop.

In addition, frame geometry has become more relaxed over time hence the huge stems with big negative rises to counter the longer head tubes.

Soldato
I ordered the last Cinelli Experience 2012 in XS today from Wiggle. It will become my geared commuter and winter trainer. I think it was good value at the sale price of £695. It sold for £1000 new.

jt5w.jpg

I need to get rid of the Charge now. What's the easiest way? Gumtree? I can't imagine getting much money for it, but I suppose I should at least clean it up before selling!

Last edited:

InQ

InQ

Associate
Having a bit of trouble with the front shifting on the Dura Ace 9000 setup i've had for about a week
All of a sudden it wont shift from small to big. The main issue seems to be the shifter itself, rather than feel like its pulling the cable it is just clicking and no cable is being pulled so its stuck in the small chainring. The derailleur itself will move if i use my finger to physically move it or if i pull the cable. I'm starting to think the shifter is knackered!

Any ideas?

http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/duckson/media/VIDEO0027.mp4.html

Soldato
Just received some Assos FI.Uno bibs in medium (The same size as my current Assos bibs). They're too big. What!!? GAAA! :mad:

Was looking forward to wearing them on the ride tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom