Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Thanks mate. I saw some apps on google play but they all have in app purchases, so I don't know how "usable" they are without paying. Exporting your rides, for example.

I edited my previous post while you replied.

Extra question for Londoners. How much is an average rate by the hour for servicing? I would like to fix my rear caliper brake. Despite all my efforts, it sometimes moves making one pad to touch the wheel, slowing me down, making noise, etc. My bike is rubbish (bought it just for casual rides during summer) so I would like to avoid replacing parts if possible. The brake itself works fine, but I can't attach/fix it to the frame completely so it won't move.

Soldato
I've got a kinesis T2. It's a brilliant bike. Tiagra build is around £1k with a carbon fork, but you can probably put it together yourself for less than that - I built mine for around £700 with campag veloce, although that was a few s/h parts and I built my own wheels

they are quite racy feeling, but will take a 28c tyre and full mudguard no problems

mine wears a rack too, and I've even done as 4 day credit-card tour on it

Soldato
Back from my little trip to the Lakes with some friends.

Fantastic weekend cycling, some great routes. Massive climbs, breathtaking views and scary descents. 250 miles and 25000ft (my Garmin data, my friends all did more) over the 4 days.

(I've taken some of these pics from Instagram)

Soldato
[DOD]Asprilla;26466246 said:
I take it you weigh less than a Big Mac as well?

I'm stuck in the middle zone; wishing I weighed less than Nairo Quintana on the way up and wishing I could give Thor Hushovd a lesson in pies on the way back down.

Just get your soigneur to stand at the top and hand you a couple of lead-filled bidons like robic...

Underboss
Team Sky breakfast range launches

CNPGraphic1_3158629.jpg

Team Sky have joined forces with CNP to launch their first range of delicious and nutritious, high protein breakfast products
Read more at http://www.teamsky.com/article/0,27290,17553_9350710,00.html#bLOpAyTQlzXrKVor.99

http://www.teamsky.com/article/0,27290,17553_9350710,00.html

Caporegime
physichull and I got out for a ride this evening. 35 miles for me. Quite a few PRs, so I'm happy with that. It was fairly windy on the way out, and then on the way back we were going into the sun, which was really low so visibility was dire. We went over a narrow humpback bridge pretty much blind, which was quite scary in hindsight, but fortunately no one was coming the other way. It stayed warm at least, which is a good job: I'd stuck my arm warmers in my back pocket, just in case, but when I got home I found out that what I'd thought was two arm warmers was in fact one leg warmer. Whoops.

Last edited:
Soldato
physichull and I got out for a ride this evening. 35 miles for me. Quite a few PRs, so I'm happy with that. It was fairly windy on the way out, and then on the way back we were going into the sun, which was really low so visibility was dire. We went over a narrow humpback bridge pretty much blind, which was quite scary in hindsight, but fortunately no one was coming the other way. It stayed warm at least, which is a good job: I'd stuck my arm warmers in my back pocket, just in case, but when I got home I found out that what I'd thought was two arm warmers was in fact one leg warmer. Whoops.

Haha! That humpback bridge was totally stupid! Wasn't thinking at all and just went straight over it into the blinding sun! Lesson learned.

My Garmin actually said I did my fastest ever 40km which was strange as I didn't think it was that fast but I did notice that all my PRs came along that first stretch of road to Culcheth when you just shot off like a rocket and caught me by surprise! :)

Nice run out tonight and got a little bit chilly once we split, the sun was fading fast by then, but you have to take me to the Arctic in winter for me to feel the cold.

Associate
Looks like I have competition on hills ... 5:42 yesterday but there must be at least 10s due to L2B crowds/weaving

lol I managed 12:32, which was also around the same pace as everyone else on the hill so didn't get held up too much really.

Knowing how long the hill actually is I could probably do it in around 10 mins if I pushed harder, but I'm more of a descender than a climber :p

Man of Honour
Argghhghgh!!! HAYFEVER!!! GRRRR!!!!

Rode to work this morning and my nose was streaming the whole way and my eyes are now ridiculously bloodshot! Never been this bad before.

I hate pollen.

This year seems particularly bad. I felt like death all last week until I started taking some tablets. Yesterday I had to double-dose too. So tedious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom