Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Tyre advice if you would all be so kind...

Other half has a late 90s Specialized StumpJumper that she currently uses 26x1.5" tyres on, mostly for riding to work on roads, but with a reasonable amount of offroad cycling (with me, on an MTB).

The current tyres have seen better days, so I want to replace them for her, however i'm not sure of what to get.
schwalbe land cruiser tyres are good for roads/dirt trails and they are really cheap

Caporegime
Man of Honour
In accordance with our previous email sent to you 30 days ago, we have automatically transferred ownership of your bike package to you. The current Market Value of your bike package as determined by HMRC is £45.85, and this is equal to the Continuation Deposit you paid as part of your Extended Use Agreement. As such, Cyclescheme does not require any further payment or action from you.

That's for the very first bike I got on the scheme - A Trek 7.2 FX hybrid iirc. I think they're being overly generous with their estimated market value :p

Soldato
Wiggle delivery this morning - one pack of Haribo.

Also bought some stuff in the Planet X sale which arrived today, sunglasses, two pairs of arm warmers, pump, bar tape and an innertube for £20.

Soldato
How noisy is it? I've finally got room to get a turbo and will be adding one to the rollers this year - but the only place I can use it is the garage which is under the neighbours house, and they have young children..

I have no experience of that turbo but if you want minimal noise you want a fluid turbo. Most of the annoyance from a turbo is from vibration through a floor so if you are in a garage on the ground floor then that isn't going to be much of a problem and you could put a mat under the turbo to dampen the vibrations.

Soldato
Chinese bars installed.

Q4FvNQT.jpg

and

d2Fdpx8.jpg

The flat grip is so much more comfortable to ride with than the round grip from my previous handlebars, very impressed with them indeed.

Associate
Has anyone had any experience with getting a bike using Cyclescheme at work for their OH/partner/Mrs?

Think the T&C's state it has to be for yourself, but I'm pretty sure some/most bike shops would allow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom