Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate

Not sure how it would work with clinchers as you'd want to poke it through the inner tube as well which might be hard to do through the tyre into a flat tube.

Would make tubulars much more reliable for training though with easy puncture repairs.

Tried riding to a set heart rate today for a quick ride, and it paid off giving me a 17.6mph average on a slightly lumpy route. Never been that quick except for on completely flat roads. Comparing the data to other rides you can see a much flatter heart rate line, I must be quite bad at keeping an even effort through a ride.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yay, my spacers arrived in the post. The hubs are 10/11 speed only, so I only needed the 1.85mm spacer after all... Still, the cassette is on now, and the wheels are on the bike. I'm going to have some tea and then get out for 20 miles or so to see how they ride.

I've got new michelin pro 4 sc tyres on now. They look weird all in black after months of having white sidewalls on the vittorias that came on the bike.

Underboss
How noisy is it? I've finally got room to get a turbo and will be adding one to the rollers this year - but the only place I can use it is the garage which is under the neighbours house, and they have young children..

It's very quite due to it having silicone fluid

watched a youtube video of a guy riding really late at night in a flat, with his little baby asleep next to him and it was so quite, that the baby didn't wake up!

Underboss
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shimano-l-s-jersey-full-zip/rp-prod122467

Seems like a good deal for anyone in the market for a cheap long sleeved jersey for winter. Such as myself. Also picked up a couple of new water bottles because i'm sick of this five year old specialized one i have leaking all over the floor before i've even left the house.

good find, they look great, I managed to get an Altura Long Sleeve one off Ebay for about £15, (cheapest one I could find a I liked) might get a couple of these as that's all I have

Soldato
Soldato
Soldato
It's very quite due to it having silicone fluid

watched a youtube video of a guy riding really late at night in a flat, with his little baby asleep next to him and it was so quite, that the baby didn't wake up!

DCRainmaker has video on YT of 3 TTs (including the Kinetic) with a noise metre here

{Edit - though now I watch it again, the TT sounds a lot louder than mine)

Last edited:
Soldato
oh so they are the right ones then!
I was trying to get the commuter ones (even though I don't commute) for my winter rides/possibly dark rides too

They're the 3 screw version. The 2 ones have better grip for walking around but if you're only on the road the 3 screw is fine. I would like some mtb ones too.

Underboss
im trying to save right now, but couldn't resist

CRC_zps4d5ea046.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom