1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Cycling Essentials

Discussion in 'SA Archive' started by Matutu, 28 Jun 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grudas

Capodecina

that is very random! mine just screwed in no problems! :/ and we've both got the same bundle/mount.

here's how my one looks -;

[​IMG]

so you need to connect the other bit first before attaching you gopro/virb mount - I'll get a better pic if the above doesn't help

on that note, lost my water bottle today.. :|

overtaking a guy, seriously windy today, over the bridge, he rides over some yellow plastic tile thing.. which then flies up, hits my frame and my bottle cage and my bottle ends up in the middle of a very busy road.. left and it just cycled on - random.com much.

Last edited: 2 Mar 2015
  2. daveski

Mobster

Yesterday I completed a course to be a British Cycling Assistant Commissaire.

Quite an interesting course, lots of things to learn though. Not sure I'll ever go through the entire process to UCI Commissaire.

3. daveski

Mobster

I've already looked at the times for last year and the fastest bike was 2:10:02. Slowest was 04:24:48. If you add together the fastest and slowest time from each discipline (not counting transition) there's 6 hours difference!

4. Roady

Sgarrista

'connect the other bit' ??? :confused: What other bit?! You seem to have a hex headed bolt in yours, is that screwed into the thread in the mount? I didn't get a hex bolt... :rolleyes:

How loose is are your bottle cages?! Or how big was the tile thing! With enough force to do that it could've taken your kneecap off! :eek:

5. Roady

Sgarrista

For 56 miles, so as long as you can push above a 13mph average you'll not be last! ;)

Much climbing?

6. grudas

Capodecina

I'll get you a better pic! think I may have got the hex bolt from the other mount I had :o that's probably the reason why you don't have it, afaik superstar won't do much RE that because garmin bolt is a bit different.. and that mount is advertised as gopro compatible :) but give it a shot see what happens, their service over-all seems quite good.

here's a video of the tile/plastic thing that hit me today! still unsure of what it was!

7. daveski

Mobster

I definitely won't be last on the bike, there is a very high chance I will be last on the swim though. In fact there's a high chance I won't make the 1hr 10min cut off for the swim!

This is the route (to and from home included) - Flat route although my elevation figures seem to under read compared to others. https://www.strava.com/activities/196919792

8. dodg3rman

Hitman

New bike just been delivered , i'm off to the garage for some exciting unboxing and tinkering :D

Grudas , looking at that vid it seems like some sort of upholstered stool seat or similar. Close call though , could easily have trapped in your spokes

9. Zefan

Don

To reduce load on the server, large, fast moving threads like this need to be canned now and again.

This one has had a good innings!

The new thread - Road Cycling Essentials Vol. 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.