Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
OP
lol still surprised it fits, all reviews said that even if your small a large is needed and i got small in both Bib shorts and Jersey :S. Lucky though

Associate
OP
I got a Goodnessshakes sample :) do you always get soemthing or was it just because it was my first order?

Well i did it guys went out in my new kit haha even got a photo :D:D.

What ya think hahahah

Man of Honour
lmao i didnt think they looked that made, do cycling shoes look that much different?

you can get some MTB shoes that look very similar, but road shoes are totally different. Heres me looking like a road tart on the Capital to Coast last weekend, you can see my Bontrager Race Road Shoes:

me.jpg

Man of Honour
[DOD]Asprilla;16867584 said:
Bar tape needs a wash.

you should have seen the back of the jersey! - chain came off a couple of times (need to tweak the bottom stop on the front) so my hands were filthy and it got all over my nice shiney new jersey and bar tape - white is so impractical :(

Associate
you should have seen the back of the jersey! - chain came off a couple of times (need to tweak the bottom stop on the front) so my hands were filthy and it got all over my nice shiney new jersey and bar tape - white is so impractical :(

thats why i have latex gloves in my seat pack. saves the hands from oil.

Man of Honour
I really wish your frame said Wibble.

What cycling computer do you use?

it is an iPhone with cyclemeter that ride is here: http://j.mp/blQBnl

and wibble would be good, i also might have to get a D sticker for some of them ;)

thats why i have latex gloves in my seat pack. saves the hands from oil.

I've seen that mentioned before and will probably chuck some in asap, although the last time was as i came up to some lights about 400yards from the end, trying to race one of the other guys i went with so wouldn't have been time for faffing with gloves :D

[DOD]Asprilla;16867830 said:
I just buy black jerseys and mitts. You get oily, but you don't notice.

SS, you should have got the 7005SL like me, white frame with black saddle and tape, it's a much more practical combination ;)

its the 7005SL with the carbon monostay so not too dissimilar - but the matt black frame, they didn't have the white when i ordered and black is slimming ;) I tend to ride in black most of the time but we had some "team" jerseys made up for the event (team as in work team, totally not a cycling team)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom