1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Cycling

Discussion in 'Pedal Powered' started by FrenchTart, 29 Jun 2016.

1. Jonny ///M

Capodecina

Was dry but cold here and had made plans that fell through, made more plans which fell through due to ice early doors and then zwift plans fell through as I stayed in bed to catch up on sleep lost.

Eventually got on zwift for a crit city race , first time I've ever seen boost mode. Didn't use it as it seems silly. Might explain why it was ridiculous after the top of the climb most laps.

I was trying to get my HR monitor to pair and missed the start so did mega power to get back to the group.

Any reason why my pc was picking up power meter and turbo but not HR? Garmin was picking up HR over ant plus .

2. Berger

Capodecina

I finished up work and got out for 75 mins today. Tough going as I’ve had 6 weeks off now, and really closer to 2 months. Rode the trainer Tuesday and hated it.

Headwind out didn’t help me either, slogged away and managed to get some enjoyment coming home! No close passes, most cars were quite good. Garmin 500 reporting low power meter battery, but shows 60% in the app...

You using Ant+ or Bluetooth Jonny?

3. SoliD

Capodecina

Had to go to work well sit at home in my office. Was bloody freezing this evening once the sun went down! Up to 113k now, will aim to get around 200 tomorrow!

4. Jonny ///M

Capodecina

Bluetooth dongle on the pc mate. Picks up everything else ok but not the HR strap. It connects but says no signal.

5. Skiprat

Associate

48k this morning pretty cold at 6am, then 32k this evening on Zwift. Not really expecting to finish the 500 but would be happy enough to do half

6. Berger

Capodecina

Is Bluetooth limited to a max number of devices at once?

Can you connect the HR up separately?

7. Jonny ///M

Capodecina

Google seems to suggest 3-4 is a practical limit vs 7 as the published limit. 4.2 standard can do more.

Sounds like I need another dongle for what I want.

8. labbby

Wise Guy

Well my 500k is already in trouble.. over did it on the bubbly last night :D

9. Berger

Capodecina

Four days of truly shocking weather incoming will torpedo anyone’s chances.

Despite what Zwift say turbo miles don’t count imo!

I usually have an Xmas day ride but very cold this morning, not wanting to risk it on any ice.

10. PikeyPriest

Wise Guy

Managed my first alp de zwift in 1hr25, so really pleased with that. I struggled to cycle 8 miles in April, so massive improvement!

Plan for next year is just to keep improving slowly and get a heart rate monitor so I am no longer filtered from results on zwift power. Then after house move sorted can think about getting a road bike.

11. labbby

Wise Guy

managed to chuck 45k in this afternoon but yeah not ideal weather today and it's only going to get worse for the rest of the week... more floods here so im having to take it easy

12. labbby

Wise Guy

well done that is a big step up from April

13. SoliD

Capodecina

193/500 done for me so far! Was so cold this morning, 3 layers up top, 2 layers on my legs, toe warmer pack things in my shoes, and still dead feet! Lovely dry crisp morning on the new Boardman, it is pretty rapid for a gravel bike with some road tyres. Out again tomorrow in an asttempt to do a reliability ride that the club are putting on.

14. AndyCr15

Capodecina

I'm in Cambridge for Xmas... wow, this place is flat! Did 28 miles this morning and only about 200 - 300 ft of elevation!

15. Saytan

Mobster

I bought a bike from that part of the world once. It had a 42t little chainring and a 12-23 cassette.

They weren't on there for long once I had it.

16. Adam-r

Gangster

I’m on 100km so far. Got 160 planned for Monday. Will be tight to reach the 500

17. Roadrunner_668

Wise Guy

one of those thnigs wherre i dont know how much good costs lol

18. SoliD

Capodecina

I run round on cheapy fabric scoop saddles, about 25 quid each. Do me just fine, but my race bikes have selle italia slr carbon things which are significantly lighter and more expensive,yet no more comfy.

19. labbby

Wise Guy

Starting to wish I had an E-bike with a heated saddle and handle bar right now :D

20. Shadowness

Mobster

Pretty sure that swear word isn't allowed in this thread :p