Road Cycling

Soldato
Can you recycle old bike components anywhere? I was tidying up in the mancave last night and found the original 11-25 cassette & chain from my Planet-X. **** knows how I got up any hills on that sucker, so it's unlikely to go back on. Seems a waste just to lob it in the rubbish bin though...

Also got a random collection of stems and seatposts.

I leave metal stuff at the bottom of my drive for the scrapman to scoop up.

Soldato
Friend is looking for some tubeless road wheels to go on his pinnacle arkose. Schwalbe g one and vittoria corsa g+ I believe are the usual recommended just think he may baulk at the price. Just wondering if there are other options. Probably looking 30mm or so.

Associate
Soldato
Friend is looking for some tubeless road wheels to go on his pinnacle arkose. Schwalbe g one and vittoria corsa g+ I believe are the usual recommended just think he may baulk at the price. Just wondering if there are other options. Probably looking 30mm or so.

Using Schwalbe Pro One on my hunt wheels, not many miles in them as yet but worth looking at.

https://road.cc/content/review/175734-schwalbe-pro-one-tubeless-tyre

I've had them on and off a couple of times so I know it should be easy enough if I needed to put a tube in. Also they inflated without sealant with a track pump... I do use sealant but i wanted them to seat correctly before injecting the sealant otherwise it could end up messy.

25mm tyre in 17mm internal works out as 27.5 (confirmed) and the 28s end up at 29mm apparently.

Last edited:
Soldato
I’m on Pro Ones too and impressed so far. I’ve had to put a tube in my front one as got a puncture which the crappy Lifeline sealant wouldn’t seal but performance wise I’m very impressed. Easy to fit, grippy and feel fast.

Soldato
tubeless seems pretty pointless on the road. for MTB and CX it allows running much lower pressures without pinching, but on the road that's not a benefit, you're always going to want pressures that are well above the pinch-risk point

Back
Top Bottom