Road rage!

Soldato
Should not have raised to it, but driving home from Bournemouth on Saturday evening I was caught up in a bit of road rage.

I was diverted off the M3 for roadworks at around 12am, not too happy, as I was tired, and wanted to get back asap.

Anyway, I was going though Hook I think on bit of dual carriage way, and caught up with a Nissan Micra with 4 youths in it doing around 40mph. I was sat behind them for a couple of minutes, but soon got peed off at his inconciderate manner if I undertook my g/f would give me grief, so gave him a single flash from my headlights for him to pull over BIG MISTAKE. I got the bird and everything, which I did not raise to, small fry!

The road then went into a NSL single carriage way, coming to a roundabout. As we were exiting, with the kids feeling nice and safe and protected in their car still giving me abuse etc I dropped a gear, past them and continued on my way.

So I see the little micra disappear, up until i am cruising at 60ish, he comes baring up from behind, flashing his headlights, riding close to my bumper, dropping back flashing lights etc basically driving like a loon.

Enough is enough, so i slammed on my brakes, jumped out and proceded to holla at him "what is your problem?" I then caught a glimpes of them all clearly, and they obviously were 17/18ish, and went a nice shade of white, seeing me im only 5'8, but prob thinking I must have balls to confront all 4 of them. The driver stalled then engine which I tried not to laugh, still thinking, what am i going to do anyway I only just saw red mist but it was time for those little ***** to learn a lesson, even if it was only going to be verbal I dont do fighting. Anyway he frantically started his his (mum's) car again, and wheel spun off into the distance!!

But.....then the little ***** started playing up still, i overtook him again, as he was doing around 30mph on a NSL again,we eventually approached some lights, which I think he remembered I was likely to jump out again, went though on red and got flashed.

SO HOW YOU LIKE THEM APPLES, HOPE MUMMY DOES NOT LET YOU BEHIND HER 55 REG MICRA FOR SOME TIME, BECAUSE YOU DROVE AND ACTED LIKE A COMPLETE RECKLESS IDIOT LUCKY FOR YOU NO ONE ELSE WAS PASSING THOUGH AS YOU DROVE THOUGH THE RED AND KILLED THEM. ENJOY THE TS10!

Rant over!

Soldato
Lol, I live in Hook. I can't picture the road you're talking about though.

Sadly there are some people who go out at night looking to cause trouble like this :(

Soldato
If I was in your shoes I doubt I've had slammed on the brakes, as what would you have done if he'd ran into the back of you.

I'd have probably put my rear fogs on, slowed right down and then when he went to overtake floored it leaving him to eat my dust.

But still, the fact that he **** himself and went through the red lights probably means that he won't **** about on the roads again.

Soldato
I had a problem with a driver the other day, and I posted about it. It does enrage you, but sometimes it’s just best not to rise up to it, and let it be.

That’s what I did, I just went slowly, waited a little longer at a red light, and watched him zoom off into the distance. Made me laugh, and he was an ****. Ballsy to confront them though, 4 against 1 is not good odds.

It’s all so easy to get caught up in the moment. Years ago I’d perhaps done the same as you, but now I just laugh at them.

Soldato
Malachy said:
k you need anger management and maturity.................

Perhaps. It is easy to "go off on one" at others who are driving badly, or giving you the finger etc.. Sometimes, when behind a wheel, even the most mature person turns into a monster... ;)

Associate
lol anger management and maturity.... yah sure... ive had the same kind of thing with an Audi tt before, was on a duel carriage way and a Audi tt was cruising at 45 in the overtaking lane , the speed limit was nsl so imho that’s just lane hogging , he refused to get out of the lane after a few blinks from my headlights, so when it was safe to do so i passed him in the other lane.. The tt driver didn’t like this and turned on his main beams and tailed me.. so i put me foot down... left the tt behind, he eventually caught me up at a roundabout and gave me the filthys and revved his engine as so to say race me, but didn’t bother he hung round my car for a bit and after realising i wasn’t going to go to silly speeds with him he sped off.

So just depends on the situation, sometimes u need drastic measures to teach them a lesson.. And getting out... well if my balls were that big id have got out too :p

Soldato
agw_01 said:
I'd have probably put my rear fogs on, slowed right down and then when he went to overtake floored it leaving him to eat my dust.

lol, superb... that would have been great if you did that (in a safe mannor of cors for the sensitive types on these forums :p ;) )

Malachy said:
k you need anger management and maturity.................

sensitive types like this... come on! 4 chavs in a micra ******* about... bout time some people squared up to them...

Man of Honour
agw_01 said:
If I was in your shoes I doubt I've had slammed on the brakes, as what would you have done if he'd ran into the back of you.
Strictly speaking, it would have been the Micra drivers fault if he had run into the back of thepharcyde. Never tailgate a crap car because the owner won't give a second thought to sending you through his bootlid.

Man of Honour
i actually had a total oposite to this today, driving home to see my 'rents i decided to take the scenic route (ie the lubbly back roads) but got stuck behind some damn annoying grandad in a scoda estate doing a sedate 20 through all my contry roads.

Arr well i think, shame, but what can you do, there ain't any decent over taking points so i just chill out and sit behind him till.... He pulls in and waves me past :D tis a miricle :)

I was also plesantly surprised when i went on the Exiter meet (and got totally lost...) that so many people in vans, campers etc & general slower cars would pull out of the way and let me past. Amazing!

Associate
fonzee said:
sensitive types like this... come on! 4 chavs in a micra ******* about... bout time some people squared up to them...
sure see how far you will get squaring upto chavs in manchester area, youll end up with a knife in ya chest............ he was lucky that nothing happened 4 people vs1 for starters and by the idiotic behavior who knows what they are prepared to do. and fonzee wouldnt really call it sensitive maybe a little more sensible but hey well, whatever you like :p

Associate
D4VE said:
would have undertaken tbh :p
exactly , you sort of instigated the situation in the first place by flashing your lights, its known to irritate people........... you couldve just undertaken it and countinued your journey with no hassle.

Soldato
I once did an emergency stop on somebody who tried to stop me overtaking them, they backed off when they realised I was swerving right into them to avoid oncoming cars. So I slammed on the anchors from 60mph. This was in a 1.0 Nissan Micra, so he didn't have much trouble outbraking me.

I wouldn't do it again. It just exposed myself to a lot of danger and got me wound up. I say to most people take it steady, and be safe.

I wouldn't get out of the car either, you never know who you are dealing with. A couple of people have met me, I'm not a tiny guy and I know I can have a good row because I did amateur boxing for a few years but if they are crazy then you will be in deep ****.

Soldato
Lopéz said:
Strictly speaking, it would have been the Micra drivers fault if he had run into the back of thepharcyde. Never tailgate a crap car because the owner won't give a second thought to sending you through his bootlid.
Lol

Similar applies when you have right of way and someone is going to be rude and cut in, becuase they normally reckon you'll brake to avoid a collision arising from their arrogance, they tend to doubt if a person in a crap car would :p

Soldato
OP
Malachy said:
exactly , you sort of instigated the situation in the first place by flashing your lights, its known to irritate people........... you couldve just undertaken it and countinued your journey with no hassle.

You did not read fully though did you, you dont know my g/f undertaking a big no no! I gave one flash from a good distance, nothing in an agressive manner not my style. And I think no matter what I did, even if I undertook, would guess from their childish behavior he would have taken up chase!

Associate
I've had the same exact thing happen to me before, I along with everyone else just undertook them. I actually think the chavmobile was unaware of it error. Next time just ignore your girlfriend, she was not driving and there is not any space for backseat drivers :p

Back
Top Bottom