1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rock* to lazy to remove DRM for steam release so use a cracked exe instead!

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ColdAsIce, 12 May 2010.

1. ColdAsIce

Soldato

2. iviv

Soldato

3. Rroff

Man of Honour

When I had DRM problems with a UBI game awhile back they actually sent me the same file as on gamecopyworld (this isn't a warez site) as a "fix".

4. Ollie83

Hitman

Hypocrites.

5. Ozzie Dave

Hitman

Hypocrites indeed....shows they're no better than the pirates really

6. regulus

Sgarrista

I think it's funny in an ironic way. Too bad the simpletons don't see it that way and will use any excuse to get on their high donkeys and bawl.

7. Antar Bolaeisk

Sgarrista

I don't see the problem, lots of games use fan made content :p

8. Cutshaw

Wise Guy

It's good business sense, if you ask me. I'm all for supporting developers, because I want more of the games I like to play. If they can save a few squids using a crack, go for it.

I would love to hear about some crack team raging about a big dev using their work, I really would.

9. jas72

Capodecina

These pirates are really clever they even sell hacks made to order.

Got to admire someone who can crack a game sometimes before it's even released :p

BTW I buy all my games but still am impressed at how they do it.

10. Participant

Caporegime

So someone using a cracked .exe to get their own game working, which they paid to develop and distribute, is no better than some internet oik stealing it?

Riiiiight.:confused:

11. greeny_fastcar

Wise Guy

Seems there was a steam update to take the "logo" out of the exe.

12. Sleepery

Sgarrista

If I was a developer I'd use their crack too rather than developing my own. It's not like they can complain about me stealing their work :)

13. reflux

Capodecina

Lol, loving the fact that I buy the game and get pirated material instead. Nice one Rockstar, who's thieving what intellectual property now??

14. achitophel

Hitman

It's an interesting point...since there is quite likely to be some copyright for the hackers in whatever they did to the .exe, and it's pretty unlikely that Rockstar licenced it from them :)

15. broo

Gangster

I had loads of problems with one of the command and conquer games not that long ago (prob cnc3) being unable to detect the CD (tried all sorts including removing iso mounting apps etc) and EA's advice was to use a cd crack :(

16. Ozzie Dave

Hitman

Are you serious??

They used an illegal crack (by their own definition), a company that says its wrong and illegal to crack their games goes and does essentially the same thing....what's so complicated about seeing the hypocrisy in that? lol

17. Gornall

Wise Guy

The funny thing is they didn't even "crack" it, they stole the crack. The irony :D

18. stooeh

Wise Guy

I find it quite amusing actually, I guess I shouldn't feel bad for using a nocd exe for the games I own on disc (and can't be bothered putting them in the drive)? :p

19. wannabedamned

Capodecina

So let me get this straight... An Exe, Part of a copyright system thats already in place, once thats modified by a 3rd party scene it then becomes their property?

You sure thats how it works? Im pretty sure the initial rules in place would mean that the exe and all other core functions in the game with regards to security shouldnt be touched. So if its been modified, that does not make it now the property of the thiefs. Its like breaking into someones home, stealing a TV, Writing your name on it. and saying. lol, It's mine now.

It is hypocritical that they used it. But saying they're as bad as the pirates is somewhat laughable.

*edit* I definately prefer the term ironic over hypocritical.

Last edited: 13 May 2010
  20. Metalface Mark

Capodecina

Its not hypocritical at all. If anything, its ironic.