• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Rocket Lake Review: A waste of sand...

Soldato
OP
Apart from stock benchmarks, for overclocking: "we had real trouble getting this thing to overclock to any level that was meaningful for performance before we ran into voltage issues and temperature throttling"

Soldato
Not sure why Intel bothered releasing this, they should have just brought Alder Lake forward if at all possible, instead.

It's looking pretty meh in terms of performance and the thermals are terrible. I agree, makes you wonder why they even released it when the improvements are so mediocre.

Soldato
It's looking pretty meh in terms of performance and the thermals are terrible. I agree, makes you wonder why they even released it when the improvements are so mediocre.

Appearances sake.

You might know it's not worth anything over the last one but there's plenty of people who see bigger newer number and that means more better obviously.

Caporegime
9700K @5.2 :)

I can put the saved money towards a 4090 :)
100%. That CPU will game excellently for the very minimum of another 5 years imo.

As long as your GPU utilisation is around 97-100%, and CPU utilisation is lower, then that’s a pretty good sign problem is your GPU. There are anomalies though. CP2077 for example has very high CPU usage for some, but it’s still the card that is really dictating performance.

Soldato
100%. That CPU will game excellently for the very minimum of another 5 years imo.

As long as your GPU utilisation is around 97-100%, and CPU utilisation is lower, then that’s a pretty good sign problem is your GPU. There are anomalies though. CP2077 for example has very high CPU usage for some, but it’s still the card that is really dictating performance.

Thanks for the advice :)

Back
Top Bottom