ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO

Soldato
Associate
OP
Breach of NDA . the m.2 shouldn't take up a Sata port though :) its only boards with 2 m.2 which one runs at a slower rate that you have to read up carefully
thankyou, i didnt realise the nda covered motherboards as well as the cpu's, theres plenty of other 370 manuals (the taichi for example) just the hero wasnt available

Soldato
thankyou, i didnt realise the nda covered motherboards as well as the cpu's, theres plenty of other 370 manuals (the taichi for example) just the hero wasnt available

You see the preview on OC3D of Asus then Gigabyte boards. that is also a breach lol. fact ASUS sent a board to them before today, and then them doing a preview of the Gaming 5 that came with the AMD media kit again is a breach . Everyone is using a bit of rule breaking to get the platform out there. Some of OCUK comments breaks it, but needs to be done. I think AMD know this and have been relaxed a bit .

Soldato
Mine reverted to 2133 out of the box but I still had to update bios to 0704 just to POST, latest bios (5803) I'm running at 2666.

there's a difference depending on your memory sticks. Fewer stick are better and one sided over two sided are better again. With the 5803 bios there's this guide...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3knlj278nr6jdx9/C6H+XOC+Guide+v04.pdf

That said others have booted and gone to 2666 or 3000+ straight out of the box. just depends!

Soldato
You'll prob be fine. Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 2 sticks. I'm going on the assumption mine are double sided as it bsod's at anything higherbv so running the lower freqs at the moment.

Just play about with it :)

Soldato
Yeah, just have a usb stick on standby with the stable bios on (0702 from the website) just in case it doesn't POST first time round and don't panic :) Enjoy!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom