ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO

Associate
Wow that sounds crappy!

Found these in stock at a few places now, but even with the latest BIOS it still sounds like a lemon.

The omission of a WIFI module is also a shame.

Last edited:
Associate
heya Guys any one rocking this board and a x62 kraken ? I got mine installed board posted no issues so far its been smooth sailing with this board and im a noobclocker so :D. Only thing is my x62 is VERY loose . I installed the cooler on my 8120 DB no probs before this. I'm using same spacers back plate ect.
Have others used some sort of mod ie a few washers or was it a straight fit

Associate
Yea My mobo arrived yesterday.
Took my old guts out of case ,I was running this cooler with the am3 bracket so straight swap . .. I think i might get the grinder out ^^

Associate
anyone have any info or tips on getting higher BCLK? Still can't get my Crosshair to POST at anything higher than 110mhz. Tried SOC voltage at 1.2v. Doesn't help.

Soldato
I have one of these coming tuesday hopefully. Is there anything I should do prior to updating to the latest bios? I don't want it bricking, the wait times are currently ridiculous.
The 0902 bios posted on page 5 prevents the bricking. You'll need a usb formatted to Fat32 and the bios on the stick renamed as C6H.CAP

You can update the bios without even turning the pc on with this method. (Plug it in bios update USB slot, hold bios button on Io board and then *wait* until all usage lights on the usb stop) give it a min or two after that then remove the stick. Voila.

Associate
The 0902 bios posted on page 5 prevents the bricking. You'll need a usb formatted to Fat32 and the bios on the stick renamed as C6H.CAP

You can update the bios without even turning the pc on with this method. (Plug it in bios update USB slot, hold bios button on Io board and then *wait* until all usage lights on the usb stop) give it a min or two after that then remove the stick. Voila.
Good info!

Soldato
Thank you. I will be doing it this way :)

No problem, the manual goes through it a bit but not very clearly imho. I'm convinced a lot of the corruptions people are experiencing on updating are due to turning it on/taking the USB stick out before its finished. Either through not having a usb stick with an activity light or just being impatient. if you aren't in a rush and want to be extra sure, wait for the light to stop flashing then go make a brew or something. No need to rush it :) Its a great board despite the very fixable problems and arguably you've avoided the main one with the 0902 release.

Good info!

Thanks!

Associate
Guys, I need help. Finished building my Ryzen pc and now can't boot it.

cpu AMD Ryzen 1700X
mb Asus CH6
ram Corsair Vengeance LED 3200MHz
vga Sapphire AMD 390

Pluged in only vga, 1 stick of ram, few fans and nzxt kraken to usb header. And keyboard with mouse to usb ports. No sata drives, no other usb accessories...

https://youtu.be/CuDCzQ4ZSHA

Forgot to tell, no bios, nothing, just no signal message on screen.

Update2:
Updated bios to 0902 from usb.

Last edited:
Associate
Guys, I need help. Finished building my Ryzen pc and now can't boot it.

cpu AMD Ryzen 1700X
mb Asus CH6
ram Corsair Vengeance LED 3200MHz
vga Sapphire AMD 390

Pluged in only vga, 1 stick of ram, few fans and nzxt kraken to usb header. And keyboard with mouse to usb ports. No sata drives, no other usb accessories...

https://youtu.be/CuDCzQ4ZSHA

Forgot to tell, no bios, nothing, just no signal message on screen.

Update2:
Updated bios to 0902 from usb.
what cooler and what lights show and Q-code If any
Sorry just watched Vid . Reset the Cmos at the back then retry this should solve it

Associate
Resseting doesn't solve anything. Tried reflashing bios few times, reseting bios. Just at the end 99 error and after that 0d and that's all.
Repluged all cables too.

Associate
Resseting doesn't solve anything. Tried reflashing bios few times, reseting bios. Just at the end 99 error and after that 0d and that's all.
Repluged all cables too.
When you said reflashing bios, have you tried previous version? You can try to flash previous bios 5803, after complete update flash with the latest bios again 0902 (that's according to asus guys).

Associate
Try a different stick, try it in a different slot if it still fails.
Tried both sticks in every slot, all same. Tommorow maybe I will find some cheap ram sticks in local shop, if so I will try again...
Now I dont have any access to any computer, so can't download older bios for reflashing :(

Back
Top Bottom