ROG Strix SCAR 17 G733

Soldato
This is the year i'm hoping I can actually get what I consider the perfect gaming laptop to replace my few years old desktop, had to return a few last year through one thing or another, mostly terrible back light bleed and so I gave up, hoping for better luck this year round.

Must admit I have absolutely rotten luck when it comes to displays whether it be tablets, tvs, monitors or laptops and to be frank it shouldn't be like that, every display you buy should be perfect especially when you are spending a few grand on something, why shouldn't it be perfect. I even asked ocuk last year to pick a new laptop that I ordered and open it for me and check for screen defects but they couldn't do that.

Even though Overclockers also have generally been fine with me returning I don't want it to become a habit, for this reason I even considered buying elsewhere but here is typically my preferred and first place to go.

So having said all that, when will OCUK have these available to preorder / buy: https://rog.asus.com/laptops/rog-strix/2021-rog-strix-scar-17-series/ as I literally want to get one asap (and pray for no defects)

Also noticing some of these newer laptops are qhd 2560x1440 etc, i'm mostly looking for a 17.3 laptop, does anyone know if the scaling will be 100% at this resolution/screen size or will it require windows font scaling? (if the latter then I will sacrifice and go for 1920x1080 as it is native scaling).

Many thanks!

Associate
im after the same laptop. they have the 300 and 360hz screens but im after the 165 hz 1440p one

ROG Strix SCAR 17 G733

G733QS-K4221R

that seems to be the product code on the site.

Associate
im after the same laptop. they have the 300 and 360hz screens but im after the 165 hz 1440p one

ROG Strix SCAR 17 G733

G733QS-K4221R

that seems to be the product code on the site.

I am also after the same one with the 1440p 165hz panel but OcUk don't seem to stock it as yet, I was going to ask in the customer support section to request it but it shows as private and I can't access this.

Not sure how to ask OcUk if they are getting this model in stock.

Back
Top Bottom