Rog Strix X470-F Gaming MOBO booting issue

Associate
Hi guys, I have a technical problem with my pc and mobo, all the rgb lights come on when turning on the pc, including case fans and CPU Cooler. However when trying to go into BIOS, the message check signal cable appears on the monitor and the monitor may turn off briefly/display black screen. When trying to connect to Display Port, the monitor repeats the same as via HDMI.

An amber LED also appears to be displayed on the MOBO, showing Standby power LED.

We have tried moving the GPU to different ports and making sure it is secure. Even taking the GPU out. Removing and re applying both CPU and CPU Cooler, I have removed and placed The MOBO down, making sure all screws were in securely. And moving the RAM to different ports. Also taking out the RAM and starting. All to no success. And making sure all cables and connectors are properly secured and in the correct bays/sockets.

We have tried taking out the MOBO battery and resetting CMOS. But it still is not working.

Using different HDMI cables does not work either.

All pc parts are brand new/purchased via Amazon with the legitimate retailer selling them.

Specs include:
GTX 1070Ti

ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING MOBO

16GB Ram Corsair Vengeance Rgb Pro White

AMD R7 3700X with stock cooler. Now replaced with AMD R3 1200 Processor as issue we thought was that BIOS needed to be updated.

Corsair 750W Power Supply.

1 TB HDD and SDD as well

Case is Phanteks Enthoo pro m tempered glass. Mid ATX.
Any help would be appreciated, I do not want to send parts back, just as a last resort!!

Edit: Not sure if my monitor would be the issue, I have used the monitor for both the PS4 Pro and Wii U.

Soldato
Hi guys, I have a technical problem with my pc and mobo, all the rgb lights come on when turning on the pc, including case fans and CPU Cooler. However when trying to go into BIOS, the message check signal cable appears on the monitor and the monitor may turn off briefly/display black screen. When trying to connect to Display Port, the monitor repeats the same as via HDMI.

An amber LED also appears to be displayed on the MOBO, showing Standby power LED.

We have tried moving the GPU to different ports and making sure it is secure. Even taking the GPU out. Removing and re applying both CPU and CPU Cooler, I have removed and placed The MOBO down, making sure all screws were in securely. And moving the RAM to different ports. Also taking out the RAM and starting. All to no success. And making sure all cables and connectors are properly secured and in the correct bays/sockets.

We have tried taking out the MOBO battery and resetting CMOS. But it still is not working.

Using different HDMI cables does not work either.

All pc parts are brand new/purchased via Amazon with the legitimate retailer selling them.

Specs include:
GTX 1070Ti

ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING MOBO

16GB Ram Corsair Vengeance Rgb Pro White

AMD R7 3700X with stock cooler. Now replaced with AMD R3 1200 Processor as issue we thought was that BIOS needed to be updated.

Corsair 750W Power Supply.

1 TB HDD and SDD as well

Case is Phanteks Enthoo pro m tempered glass. Mid ATX.
Any help would be appreciated, I do not want to send parts back, just as a last resort!!

Edit: Not sure if my monitor would be the issue, I have used the monitor for both the PS4 Pro and Wii U.

A couple of common mistakes people make:

Make sure you have the monitor cable plugged into the Graphics card and not the motherboard graphics outputs.

Make sure GPU power is connected.

Make sure you have the RAM in the correct slots (refer to the manual) and just try 1 stick at a time.

Back
Top Bottom