ROG Strix X570-i RAM DRAM LED indicates error

Associate
Hi all,

Just got my new AMD 5600X and ROG Strix X570-i MOBO upgrade. After putting all together, nightmare, it doesn't display the BIOS. The only indication of the issue I can find is the Yellow DRAM LED which is permantly on. But the MOBO is definitely powered, the fans come on and stay on, RGB on the board is on. Everything looks good except no display and RAM LED.

Looking for ideas before I RMA. He's what I've tried so far:

1. Re-seating and cleaning RAM.
2. Different RAM (tried Corsair Vengence 4000MHz and Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz), both RAMs worked on previous system.
3. Tried only putting 1 stick of RAM in and tried in both slots.
4. Re-seated CPU (twice)
5. Disconnected GPU, M.2s, everything not required for BIOS.
6. Reset CMOS using pins.
7. Disconnect CMOS battery for 10 mins.

No change at all following any of my actions.

Any other ideas?

Am I right in thinking this could be the MOBO or CPU (as the memory controller is in there)?

Associate
OP
At the risk of sounding like an idiot, how do I do that? I though you could only do anything with XMP when in the BIOS which I can't get into?

Cheers

Associate
OP
Hmmm, looks like the 5600X was not supported until BIOS 2606 released August this year. How would I go about checking what BIOS is on the board now as I can get into it?

Also, is there any way of updating the bios from my current situation (not being able to boot at all)?

Cheers

Associate
You would need BIOS flashback in order to update a BIOS without a CPU. From what I read online that motherboard does not support it :/ The only way to check the BIOS version is by actually accessing the BIOS.

I think the only way out of this is to get any older AMD CPU that uses AM4, just to boot the PC, and flash a new BIOS version.

Associate
OP
Well that is very irritating! Ok thanks so much for your help anyway gentlemen. I will now ponder an ebay AM4 or just return the lot.

Cheers

Associate
Well that is very irritating! Ok thanks so much for your help anyway gentlemen. I will now ponder an ebay AM4 or just return the lot.

Cheers
Either get whatever cheap CPU you can get, or if you can still return the board, maybe get one that has BIOS Flashback as a feature and it should be fine. However you will need a PC to download the BIOS into a flash drive.

Associate
OP
Hi Gents,

Got my hands on a 2600X and in the space of 5 mins had updated the bios and now all is well with the 5600X. Thanks again for the help!

Back
Top Bottom