Roll up roll up... OcUK Manchester (French Car) Meet No. 2

Soldato
Roll up roll up... OcUK Manchester (French Car) Meet No. 2 - 20th November 2005!

Meeting Place...

M62 Eastbound, Services between J18-J19, 11am

Map and a route plan will be provided.

Latest Update : 10th Nov 2005 @ 1:04am - Scroll to end of this post

Ok guys, it's that time of year again. The OcUK Manchester Meet :D

Just been talking to Simon (cymatty) on MSN and it seems that himself and Firestar have been itching to get back on the roads and show us other Mancunians just what they can do.

So, who's up for it? The last event was a complete success if I don't say so myself, and that was within a weeks notice. Hopefully this time we'll be able to entice people from further out to attend. 15+ cars would be superb.

Current ideas are to follow the same route as previously, as most people will have an idea where they're going. I know the last meet was quite interesting, as most of us got split up into groups and didn't know where the hell we were going.

Ideal dates so far are either the weekend of the 12/13th or 19/20th November, but they can be adjusted to suit people.

Ok, so just to run through a few points from the last meet...
  • Meet at the services between J18 and J19 on the M62 Eastbound
  • Travel down to J22 (I think that was it)
  • Go for a meal at a pub/restaurant
  • Speed off from the pub carpark leaving the old couple we scared earlier to 'eat our dust'
  • Complete one 'lap' of the roads and meet up in another pub for drinks
  • Hit the roads again to complete one more lap and stop along the way for a final chat/photo shoot

So there you have it. I'll update this post with details/attendance lists as they change.

Let's try and make this one better than the last!

Cheers.

OcUK Manchester Meet No.2

Ok, we've not finalised anything as of yet, but a lot of people are up for a similar thing as the last meet. Meet up along the M62 services between Junction 18 and 19 (if this is too far for anyone, let me know and we'll sort something else out), travel to a pub for a meal and a chat, then head off to Saddleworth for a drive, stopping along the way for photos.

It'll either be the 2nd or 3rd weekend in November. We really need to finalise this.

People showing interest so far
agw_01
L0rdMike
great advice
Firestar_3x
cymatty
cheets64
Worthy
NickXX
Sam
Trickle
thedazman67
GT3
Gilly
Dangerous
benneh
thebrasso
Goliath
DRZ (needs a lift)
paradigm
Siliconslave (not sure if he can be bothered coming :p)
Marvt74 (probably coming along with me)
-westy-

Attendee List - Definites for Sunday 20th November - Let me know if you want adding/removing
agw_01 - Rover 214 (100 horses of british beef)
cymatty - Citroen Saxo VTR
L0rdMike - Toyota MR2
benneh - Rover 620Ti or other
Goliath - Ford Focus RS
great advice - Mitsubishi Evo 9
Gilly - Renault Clio 172 Cup
Coco - Renault Clio 172 Cup
Firestar_3x - Renault Clio
paradigm - Citroen Saxo VTR or BMW something or other
thedazman67 - Toyota Paseo
Sam - Ford Fiesta Zetec or Ford Racing Puma
thebrasso - Honda Civic 1.8 VTI (Just hit VTEC Y0!)
Replicant - BMW 318
Worthy - Toyota Supra
Siliconslave - Mazda MX5
Marvt74 - Coming up with me

UPDATE - 19th October

Ok guys, another update. The date for the meet has been finalised for the 20th November. Still planning it but I think we'll be meeting at the same services along the M62 as last time, 11am. Further information will be available nearer the time, and the route we will be taking will most definitely be the same as on the previous meet... see how many people get caught out with the dreaded junction :p

So, watch this space for further updates!

UPDATE - 10th November

10 days to go. Simon needs final numbers to book the restaurant (no idea why, not like they were ready for us at the last meet :D), so if your status has changed from the attendee list above, please let either myself or Si know.

The table is going to be booked on Tuesday 15th November. We'll reserve a couple more places, but would rather have an exact number.

Oh, more details about the meeting place and route will be provided next week! A map and details of the route will also be handed out on the day :)

Last edited:
Soldato
great advice said:
No french car here but i could be interested if something a little more entertaining than sitting in a car park was on the cards :)

He is being sarcastic about the french car thing, as the last manchester meet was attended by about 80% French cars. :)

Permabanned
I might, whats the the (french car) in the title.

I dont live that far from manchester, so if im not doing anything and im up to meeting people from here.

Soldato
OP
Firestar_3x said:
Last meet was basically nowt but blue french cars was well funny!

lol, we had french cars in every shade of blue... and then 2 Rovers, one red, one white. Was quite a sight :p

great advice, check out the old thread here. Have a look at the last few pages to find several videos. The video I was able to take shows some of the best bits, whereas Firestar's video is just of him and his GPS mount :D Hopefully he'll rectify that in time for this meet.

edit... Manchester Meet No. 1 video can be found here

Thanks to Gilly for the hosting.

Last edited:
Caporegime
agw_01 said:
lol, we had french cars in every shade of blue... and then 2 Rovers, one red, one white. Was quite a sight :p

great advice, check out the old thread here. Have a look at the last few pages to find several videos. The video I was able to take shows some of the best bits, whereas Firestar's video is just of him and his GPS mount :D Hopefully he'll rectify that in time for this meet.

Lol yea i aint got that gps mount no more, it cost me £1600 to get rid of it but bleh the things i do ;)

Sam

Sam

Soldato
12/13 i can do the other date i cant. Not saying ill defentley be there but ill discuss it with the southern lot ;)

Sam

Soldato
OP
Would be great if you could make it Worthy, especially if you're thinking of getting rid of the car. Very interested in actually seeing your Supra :)

Sam, if you can get the Southern 'crew' down here that would be awesome. Although, I don't know how happy the local police would be to see 30+ cars crusing the streets and causing a nuisance :p

Trickle, hope you can make it mate. Didn't get much of a chance to chat to you at the last meet (apart from our little speeding conversation while paying for the food). Hope you didn't think I was too much of an ass :)

Soldato
OP
cymatty said:
Why what were you arguing about, what was your point. Being nosey now lol

lol :p

I was just saying that I think it's ok to drive over the speed limit if safe to do so, whereas doing 60mph through a residential area isn't acceptable.

James (Trickle) sounded like he wasn't impressed with my comments however. I can't remember what he said exactly, but I do remember quietly snaking off outside to the carpark :o :)

Soldato
agw_01 said:
lol :p

I was just saying that I think it's ok to drive over the speed limit if safe to do so, whereas doing 60mph through a residential area isn't acceptable.

James (Trickle) sounded like he wasn't impressed with my comments however. I can't remember what he said exactly, but I do remember quietly snaking off outside to the carpark :o :)

Lol, i will not state my opinon as i dont want it to be held agaisnt me. :D

Im sure trickle wasnt offended he seemed a nice chap. :)

Back
Top Bottom