Roll up roll up... OcUK Manchester (French Car) Meet No. 2

Soldato
Hey all, i've been home and briefly asleep!.
Sorry about your motor Gilly, I saw you go into the corner from my car (we were doing about the same speed) and i dont recon it was speed related tbh.
Tow truck guy was a bit of a butcher :eek: but i suppose he's got to get it on the low-loader somehow. From what i could see it didnt seem to be too bad, it could have been a lot worse real easy, at least the wheel didnt go full lock before it smacked the curb. Still gutted for you dude.

Was good to meet you all :), and to prove just a little, the prowess of the LTD. Edition ROVER 620 GTR.. ;)

Soldato
OP
benneh said:
Was good to meet you all :), and to prove just a little, the prowess of the LTD. Edition ROVER 620 GTR.. ;)

LOL :D I thought some little kid had stuck that badge on!

Lovely car there benneh. An absolutle sleeper!

Soldato
benneh said:
No problem dude, i was just behind someone whos name i cant remember :(. This handsome dude (he was a good guy too lol): http://img44.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc143&image=61f_172.jpg
I saw you go into the corner, then about a third in, then you went out of sight (little did i know you had gone straight on).

Twas me, handsome guy, you cheeky get lol. :D

Time for revenge lol

IMG_0681.jpg

Soldato
OP
Gilly said:
It was in the car park whilst you were whoring yourself round every car at the meet ;)

At the 2nd pub?

Can you blame me though? I got a passenger ride in 4 cars :cool:

4 very quick and great handling cars might I add.

You didn't seem too pleased when I got out of 'ye old grandad Rover' and said "Now, that was fast!" :p

Soldato
Nice sig, and yes, it is a very fast car. I can't give the exact spec away (needless to say it will be appearing at D1 events early next year)..

Last edited:
Associate
So it was the dawn of the day of the second Manchester meet, the fresh morning smell filled the air, I spent the first half our defrosting my car windscreen hell be damned at the -5C temperatures the night before.

So I set off cruising down the M62. Noting the signs for FOG and queue after next junction I’m thinking these roads should be fun so I arrive at the services with an empty car park or so I though until I spotted a lowly MR2 turbo in the distance with no occupants so I park up, before I even had a chance to remove my seatbelt paradigm pulls up right beside me, a quick head nod to acknowledge his presence and I was out of my car.

As I step out of my car, LordMike and Sam come up behind us Sam clutching a Ginsters sandwich in his hand breakfast me thinks. Introductions and so forth take place then out of the shadows with an array of horn beeping here is agw_01 in the all mighty powerful Big Red Rover.

More general car banter and the mocking of what would seem to be the worse car meet ever involving the worse set of fords ever conceived by man, with one with a spoiler which only use would be to slowing the car down. Next to arrive is Coco oooh fun we think, we wait for him to get out of his car and greet him with a well received BURGA! Remark.

Then appears the co-organiser Cymatty, more banter and picture time,
next to arrive was siliconslave in his hairdresser renowned MX-5 up next on the arrival list is Paul S who’s presence wasn’t expected but cymatty convinced him it was a good idea.

Now the arrival of benneh I think deserves a mention not one did he meet up with the wrong meet we were greatly offended that we would own should awful cars with such embarrassing modifications :D, after we all recover from the fit of laughter agw_01 decides to tell him where the "real" meet is.

So the time is ticking over 11.00am and we are all wondering where the heck Gilly is hmm not one for punctuality, a quick check by paradigm sees that Gilly thinks the meet is 11.30 even though big white letters spell out quite clearly 11.00am ;) oh well, Gilly decides he will meet us at the pub, we are greeted then by the thunder of 7 cards starting up and we depart toward our first meeting place the restaurant.

Part 2 to follow soon.

thedazman

Sam

Sam

Soldato
Looks like im the first of the southern lads to get back :)

Fantastic day "if a little cold" nice to meet everyone. Shame the day had to end on a slightley bad note with matts car but as other people have said lets hope its not too serious.

P.S Those 172s are Rapid , and coco is also a madman ;)

Hopefully ill be able to make it to the next one

Sam

Soldato
OP
Hey Sam, glad you got home safely mate :)

Hope the trip wasn't too tedious for you. Bonus marks for travelling all that way though. Bet Mike was in a right state by the time he dropped you off... having to listen to 50 Cent all the way ;)

God knows what was wrong with my car. It's been fine since. The battery voltage must have been a tiny bit too low to fire up. Thanks very much to you and Mike though!

Yep, it's a shame about Gilly's car. :( Hopefully, the at the 3rd MM we won't have any problems. You guys going to come down for that? I expect it'll be around May/June... don't want any more damp roads now do we.

Daz, nice story mate. Looking forward to the next part. You're talking over Paradigm's line. He won't be happy.

Cheers benneh! Hope you don't mind mate :)

Soldato
OP
:eek: I won't have my new car by then n00b :(

Although, I do know some roads which will **** you all up :D

Si, we'll need to meet up sometime so that I can show you these roads. Very dodgy during the day, but loads of fun at night!

Back
Top Bottom