Roll up roll up... OcUK Manchester (French Car) Meet No. 2

Sam

Sam

Soldato
agw_01 said:
HAHAHA, so that's what he meant by shopping list :D

Nice work guys! That looks great! Bet it got a few looks on the way home! :D

We did add to it but unfortantley it blurred

Mate , just a quick random question how come your never on msn ;)

Sam :)

Soldato
OP
Sam said:
Mate , just a quick random question how come your never on msn ;)

Because I work my ass off :D

I'm actually quite a busy guy (even though I might come across as some lazy sod in a broken down old Rover :p), never sat at my computer for long, but I promise you'll be seeing more of me online :)

Video is on its way btw... not as good as the last meet's vid though :( Damn my editing skills.

Associate
Ello! I've only just made it home, took the back-road route! ;)
Congrats once again to Andy (agw_01) & Simon (Cymatty) for organising another successful event.

Great to see everyone again & good to see some new faces.
Despite conditions not being the best early on they certainly got better by the afternoon when a few of us played 'route-taxi!' after the 2nd pub. I hope Sam, L0rdMike, Paradigm & Siliconslave(?) enjoyed the wee-blast, despite are heads hitting the roof! :)

I'm absolutely gutted for you Gilly, fingers crossed everything will be sorted for you soon.

GreatAdvice, I honestly wouldn't worry about attending on your own, everyone is very friendly & would certainly make you feel welcome.

And once again huge respect to everyone for controlling the accident-scene, particularly Cymatty, thebrasso & Goliath (can I have a proper look around the RS next time!?!)

Associate
Goliath said:
There was quite a bit of nice hardware going past 172 Corner (sorry Gilly ;)) - I remeber a couple of 911s and a couple of SLKs as well.

We can't of course forget the '206-Whale', man that thing rocked!
But not quite as much as the mid-old aged lady opening up 3rd gear in an Evo6 !!! :) Good girl!

Soldato
OP
Welcome back Coco... seems you've done it again ;)

Thanks for the kind words mate. The meet wouldn't be complete without good attendance and I can't thank everybody enough for turning up.

That 206 was brilliant! :D I'll never forget the huge roar of laughter as it went past us... fantastic!

And was that a lady? :eek: It looked like a guy to me! The joke about "there goes great advice" made me laugh as well.

Man of Honour
Coco said:
Despite conditions not being the best early on they certainly got better by the afternoon when a few of us played 'route-taxi!' after the 2nd pub. I hope Sam, L0rdMike, Paradigm & Siliconslave(?) enjoyed the wee-blast, despite are heads hitting the roof! :)

ay, that was me :) cheers for the ride, very very nice little cars those!(when the wheels are all pointing in the same direction) very impressed :D

Soldato
OP
Not exactly sure how much of a madman Coco is, but I was hanging on for dear life when Gilly took me out in his.

I'm sure he'll post here and tell you all how much I was screaming as he took bends while keeping his foot planted! :D

Very very underestimated cars those Clio's! Very impressive!

Mike, it's on its way. Did most of it last night, just have to do a bit of editing and what-not now. Seeing as I'm working right through until 12:30 tonight I doubt it'll be up until tomorrow.

Associate
Coco said:
And once again huge respect to everyone for controlling the accident-scene, particularly Cymatty, thebrasso & Goliath (can I have a proper look around the RS next time!?!)

No worries, we'll hopefully spend a bit more time "sampling" the various hardware on offer at the next meet. Great Advice, if you don't turn up at the next one we WILL come and find you ;)

Soldato
Aye, I want a ride in a Clio next time (if possible ;)). Directing traffic was a bit of a new experience for me. I don't remember the 206 but I do remember the Evo :D I found it hard because some people just blatantly ignored me or just didn't see me. Which is quite scary really.

Thanks for organising it agw_01 and cymatty...I'll try not to lose my bearings half a mile into the lap next time Andy ;)

Soldato
OP
thebrasso, I think the 206 went past near the end of the day, so you had left by then. Shame no one had their camera out for a quick snap!

What do you mean people were ignoring you? It's probably because you weren't extreme enough! :D I mean, there's me and Paradigm pushing it to the limits on our cheapy tyres, and there's you... sat behind me all the way. You should have overtaken me on that straight. Don't you dare say your car doesn't have the power either :p

Firestar, hope things are looking up for you mate. Looking forward to seeing you at the next meet.

That's good news Gilly. Hope there's not a substantial amount of damage.

Regarding the video, it's basically just a slideshow of the day with a little bit of footage of me in Mike's MR2 (with music overlay :p) and some of the crash scene. Should be up tonight after a bit more tinkering.

Soldato
agw_01 said:
What do you mean people were ignoring you? It's probably because you weren't extreme enough! :D I mean, there's me and Paradigm pushing it to the limits on our cheapy tyres, and there's you... sat behind me all the way. You should have overtaken me on that straight. Don't you dare say your car doesn't have the power either :p

I think he meant the cars when he was directing traffic ;)

Back
Top Bottom