Ron Atkinson has quit ITV after rascist comment.

Soldato
Originally posted by Nedved11
Did he also call Ranieri a 'wop', slur for an Italian.

According to the Sun he did, no one else has mentioned it.

Anyone seen these?

ronkkk.jpg

ronstudiokkk.jpg

(remove if not appropriate)

Last edited:
Soldato
sweet pics:D im neither black nor ginger, but being black doesnt derive from having a genetic disorder in your family, being ginger does. Although if i was either i woudlnt find being called either an insult nor racist in any way, because you are simply calling someone what they are, just like you calling me white, or a pain in the ass.

Soldato
Originally posted by 1337_KR3W
sweet pics:D im neither black nor ginger, but being black doesnt derive from having a genetic disorder in your family, being ginger does. Although if i was either i woudlnt find being called either an insult nor racist in any way, because you are simply calling someone what they are, just like you calling me white, or a pain in the ass.

It isn't a genetic disorder though ? Ginger is the most dominant hair colour gene, blonde is the least dominant, which is why proper blondes like myself are a dying breed.

In the not too distant future we will be overrun with the blighters, because it's such a dominant gene.

Soldato
Originally posted by Gilly
Ginger is a recessive gene...

you sure ? I'm sure i remember reading that it is a very dominant gene, just as it has been confined to certain races (scots)it has never taken hold of other peoples. But one day will do as people mix, they will rule the world.

ojo

ojo

Permabanned
Hehehe, ironically he also writes for the guardian. IIRC they are currently discussing his position at the moment. I was pretty shocked at what he said (fully reported and unstarred in todays guardian) and the hateful way he said it. In the context it is right that he was sacked/resigned, just aint professional.

Plus it is a horrible word to use, if i said it where i live (Toxteth) i would rightfully expect to live foranother 5 seconds :p

I wonder what Emile "fists of fury" Heskey wopuld of done?

Man of Honour
Heard on the radio earlier that according Ian Wright, he has had to be spoken to about this type of language in the past. Wright also pointed out that having managed a lot of black players in the 70s and 80s - the time at which they were coming in from massive amounts of abuse from 'supporters' - he should be well aware of the distress and harm such racial insults can have.

Man of Honour
I'm sorry to say this but I find this rascist against whites.

Maybe I am wrong here and correct me if it is so but from my experience and from my take on this it would appear that blacks use the term ****** to talk to each other and this is in a friendly way and not in a derogatory way.

So if this is the case why is it racist when a white person uses the term ?

Obviously I may have watched to many american films :p however this seemed to happen at uni a lot as well. The same black people who were calling each other ****** 30 seconds later suddenly wanted to beat the crap out of any whites who used the term ?

Is that not the blacks being rascist ?

I must stress that this is from my own limited experience and I may be proved worng however this is just my take on things.

Associate
Originally posted by ojo
I wonder what Emile "fists of fury" Heskey wopuld of done?
If Ron's breath touched him he'd stil be on the floor waiting for a physio ;) .

Having read the transcript you can see he had go, but like most people I don't think he is racist. I know when certain French Arsenal players have done something annoying (Henry at Newcastle, for example) I've shouted a few phrases (think alliteration) at my tv (not in this manner though)

Soldato
Originally posted by Spud21
you sure ? I'm sure i remember reading that it is a very dominant gene, just as it has been confined to certain races (scots)it has never taken hold of other peoples. But one day will do as people mix, they will rule the world.
Ginger is quite definately a recessive gene. Hence why neither of my parents are ginger and I am. In fact I think it's the most recessive of the the three hair colours (dark hair > blond hair > ginger), which is why there's so few of us.
Oh, and I wouldn't be insulted if someone called me ginger, it's a descriptive word. Ron didn't use a descriptive word, he didn't call Desailly black, he used a rather well-recognised derogatory term.

Man of Honour
Originally posted by VR46
erm you really have to ask?

yeah it does happen in Films a lot I guess:)

yeah I do ? I know some of the history of the word and believe that it was once used in slavery but so what ?

If they call each other it why cant whites use it ?

that seems rascist against whites imho. Saying they are allowed to use the word be we are not :confused:

Permabanned
The fact of the matter is he used the guys skin colour to **** him off, would he have done the same for say joe cole or scot parker, you white such and such etc, no i dont think so, why refer to th guys colour when he could have said french so and so or whatever.

He made a mistake and apologised for it, but i dont get this business of him saying he has done loads for black footballers, yes he bought them into his teams, not cos they were black, but because they were good, and would help his team win things, nowt to do with this brotherhood of man rubbish:o

Soldato
Originally posted by memphisto
yeah I do ? I know some of the history of the word and believe that it was once used in slavery but so what ?

that seems rascist against whites imho. Saying they are allowed to use the word be we are not :confused:

The N word is NEVER used in a non-derogatory way, it's only got one intention for a white person to use it, that's why I really hate that word and always say something if I hear it.

I don't agree with black people calling each other the N word either, otherwise some other races could use that as an excuse.

Man of Honour
Originally posted by memphisto

I think blacks use it as a way of nullifying the effects it has, maybe trying to desensitise it a bit. Generally when whites use the word it's derogatory, hence the difference in reactions when a white/black person uses it (even if a white person has no foul intentions).

Back
Top Bottom