Ronaldo wants to leave United

Caporegime
Explain the wink then :)

Because Portugal as a team will have been asked to target our Talisman, Rooney. Rooney did it all himself, the wink (as I see it) was a sign of confidence to the bench and Manager (who will have told Portugal to target Rooney given the chance) that they would win the tie from that point on.

Given that Rooney did Portugal's job for them, Portugal didn't need to target them.

England don't look like doing anything without Rooney. The Portuguese culture and Brazilian culture is totally different to ours.

Soldato
Nothing wrong with a wink to your manager. The main aim of the game is to win. If you have a player (any player) sent off from the opposition, it just makes it more likely that you will win. I only wish England had players who had the ability to frustrate opposition players enough, to goad them into a stamping incident. Unfortunately, the English dont quite understand this part of the game. Having the ability to dive and successfully win a penalty, is also a skill that can and should be used in Football. Even Fergie instructed his players to do this (according to Jaap Stam).

I'm all for sportsmanship, dont get me wrong, but I'm also for winning.

Soldato
Not that I really care any more, but it looked to me as if Ronaldo ran over to the ref and said something which caused Rooney to react angrily and shove him. Other than "send him off ref", or something along the lines of that I can't think of anything which would make Rooney react in that way. Added to that the infamous wink aimed at the Portugal bench which looked more like "job done" message rather than anything else.

Water under a bridge now anyway....

Back
Top Bottom