Ronaldo wants to leave United

Associate
What is worse than his persistent cheating in this WC is the referee's persistent refusal to show him a card for it. It's not as if it's just one ref, they all know his tricks and don't give him free kicks, nor do they card him (which is baffling). It's simply encouraging him to try it on over and over until he gets that vital free kick or penalty.

Anyway, I won't be sad to see him go. I thought he'd cleaned up his game during his time at Man Utd -- when he first joined, he was all stepovers and dives, but he was more of a team player toward the end of the season. But I've lost all respect for him for all his antics in this WC. I hope someone like Real or Chelsea buy him, and stick him on the bench for the entire season.

Soldato
xyphic said:
Anyway, I won't be sad to see him go. I thought he'd cleaned up his game during his time at Man Utd -- when he first joined, he was all stepovers and dives, but he was more of a team player toward the end of the season. But I've lost all respect for him for all his antics in this WC. I hope someone like Real or Chelsea buy him, and stick him on the bench for the entire season.

I wish Juventus would buy him on a 7yr contract... and then get relegated to Serie C.

Caporegime
It's a shame, he's one of the few players that made me look forward to going to Old Trafford, his flair and potential are phenomenal and he could well be one of the best players in the world. Why he's started diving like that in the WC I don't know, it's not something he was doing (atleast not to that degree) in England!

Why he would want to leave Man Utd I don't know? We are turning a corner, however, his fee will allow for other transfers and now Park (our top assister last season) might get a fair chance.

Soldato
Rooney has not had to deal as much as Beckham had to, this was only for the fact that there was no one else to blame. In Rooney's case he has come off scot free as all the attention is on Ronaldo which is not fair at all. I do disapprove of some of his antics but he is still a wonderful talent and to see him get booed all the time is not on.
Its a shame his antics were against England as any other country he would have been OK, good to come back to ManU without any pressure of leaving.

Permabanned
76deb035e6.gif

^LOL!

I dont care if he leaves, let him.

Associate
lemonkettaz said:
we all know the crack

its written by the lords of football now

at some point in the champions league, he is going to torture man utd

red card.. goal.. penalty.. who knows.. but its all set up

I think your bang on with your predictions there. You can almost picture it now.
Always happens to the 'good' guys.

Soldato
Oh come on, he is not the first nor the last player to fake it, everyone does, just because of the Rooney (who's no angel either) incident and that he scored the last penalty goal and sent the English team home doesn't mean he is scum.

In fact he did play quite good in the world cup, especially in the game with France.

Soldato
pyro said:
Oh come on, he is not the first nor the last player to fake it, everyone does, just because of the Rooney (who's no angel either) incident and that he scored the last penalty goal and sent the English team home doesn't mean he is scum.

In fact he did play quite good in the world cup, especially in the game with France.

Exactly, the only reason he is getting this much stick is because he did it against England :rolleyes: Henry's dive against Spain was as shocking as anything that Ronaldo did - fact is, diving is part and parcel of the game nowadays and the only people that can stamp this out are FIFA/UEFA and the referees - unless they use the fifth official to hand out bans based on video evidence after a match, and unless referees show consequently yellow after yellow, it will continue because guess what, football is a shark-infested business and you have to give 110% to win, and this includes cheating.

You can bet that diving will disappear overnight if there's a heavy-handed approach from above. Until then, blame the system, not the player who's trying to win at all costs.

Man of Honour
lemonkettaz said:
they wont..

the fans will already have his shirt

lol

that made me laugh, a lot. :p

If he goes, he goes, I have stood by him on these boards from the beginning when everyone was saying he was terrible, I think he still has the potential to be the best winger in the world with the right coaching and a change in attitude. If we get £20mill + for him all the better.

We need players who are going to work hard for the team aty Man utd now we cant afford to have show ponies if we want to beat chelsea, at this present time i would rather have jermaine Pennant playing on the right for MUFC than Ronaldo.

Associate
If ronaldo leaves and also as the rumours say rvn (both to real madrid?), then united are in some trouble... especially if they have the supposed transfer caps put in by the glazers?

Caporegime
No surprises he's using all the media as an excuse to get out .... all seems to have worked out quite nicely for him. Cheating little turd.

I don't want him to leave, I want him to get boo'ed at every ground in England bar one.

Permabanned
Ex-RoNiN said:
Exactly, the only reason he is getting this much stick is because he did it against England :rolleyes:

No,the only reason he is getting so much stick is because of what he did to his teammate.Ronaldo didn't knock England out of the WC Ricardo did, and i haven't seen any stick for him.

Everyone was expecting gamesmanship and diving - Ronaldo just took it to new depths is all

Soldato
Unconditional said:
But if they wanted Man Utd. are in their rights to make him stay?

Yeah, ofcourse. But you wouldn't want to keep a player against his will. If they were to keep him, he obviously wouldn't re-new his contract - he'll end up leaving on a free :). Sell him now on a profit, rather than a loss.

Soldato
Unconditional said:
He's contracted with Man Utd. until 2010, how can he wriggle out of that?

If a Man Utd player tells Alex Ferguson that he wants to leave and doesnt want to play for Man Utd, AF will let him go. Contract or not. To have a player in the dressing room who is whinging and making it clear he doesnt want to play is very damaging to everyone. This is why AF would accept his tranfer request.

Personally, I dont hold anything against Ronaldo for what he did during the world cup. He has played well. He has done everything in his power to win and I wish some English players would have the guts to play to win at all costs. Unfortunately, the English tend to make people scapegoats for their own inadequacies and while this continues they cannot improve and move forward. The fact of the matter is that an English player (Rooney) stamped on another, in front of a referee. For that he was sent off. He deserved to go and there can be no argument on that. FIFA even have reviewed the video tape and have suspended him for a further match. Sven shouldve known that this would happen by playing him upfront alone. Moreover, England played very negatively. They were playing for 1-0. And when they couldnt score that single goal (with 10 men), they got knocked out on penalties because once again, they bottled it.

England lost, because of the English players (bad penalty taking and Rooney's lack of discipline) and the England manager (a poor system). Dont blame Ronaldo for England's inadequacies.

Sadly, with McClaren. I dont see things improving. I think England will play similar to how they played when Sven was in charge. And fans will continue to put the blame at the feet of opposing teams who knock them out (by fair means or foul) of tournaments. England donot have a winning mentality - losing is fine as long as you can blame the opponent or put it down to bad luck. Scholari wouldve been perfect for the England job as he would've drummed it into the players that making excuses and putting the blame on opposing teams (for cheating, etc) is pointless.

As a Man Utd fan, I would like to see Ronaldo stay, but if it causes unrest in the dressing room, then its best he leaves. Alex Ferguson should assess the situation, which I'm sure he will do.

Soldato
Dtab said:
No,the only reason he is getting so much stick is because of what he did to his teammate.

The ref has already stated that the red card was for the deliberate stamping on Carvalho's ojos, therefore Ronaldo didn't do anything - although I reckon Rooney could have gotten a yellow if it hadn't been for that shove.

Ronaldo, as a player for Portugal, had all the right in the world to complain about a horrific injury to one of his teammates. In Germany, Ronaldo was a Portugal player, not a ManU player.

Ronaldo didn't knock England out of the WC

He nailed the final nail into the coffin though :p

Associate
sunama said:
The fact of the matter is that an English player (Rooney) stamped on another, in front of a referee. For that he was sent off. He deserved to go and there can be no argument on that.
Actually, I'd argue that he didn't deserve to be sent off. To my mind it wasn't a stamp, but an accidental tread. Didn't help that the Portuguese player rolled around in apparent agony until Rooney was sent off, then got up and played on as if nothing had happened. I've taken knocks to the goolies before, and if he was in that much pain on the floor, he'd have been in that much pain for the rest of the match. Just look at what happened to Dwight Yorke!

Anyway, the Rooney incident has been done to death now. England played better without him on the field, so I'm not putting the loss down to that incident.

I don't blame Ronaldo for England going out. I blame Sven for that. Ronaldo, amongst others, didn't help with their gamesmanship but they'll do it because the referee and FIFA allow it to happen.

There are a few reasons I've lost all respect for Ronaldo and would be happy to see him leave:

* His blatant disrespect for his team-mate.
* His disrespect to the club that is paying his wages.
* His constant cheating.
* His constant whinging to the referee at *every* incident even if it doesn't involve him.

But it's not just Ronaldo I've lost respect for. I've no respect for Henry any more, nor for the entire Holland team, nor any of the Portuguese. Nor the referees. Nor FIFA (especially that paragon of hypocrisy, Sepp Blatter). They have all let themselves and the viewing public down by tolerating this kind of behaviour. It's spoiling the game - most people can see that, and it needs to be stopped. But the current set of fools in charge of the game don't look like they are going to be the ones to do it. :mad:

Associate
Ex-RoNiN said:
Ronaldo, as a player for Portugal, had all the right in the world to complain about a horrific injury to one of his teammates.
No he didn't. No player has the right to complain to the referee, nor to demand a card, nor even to 'tell the referee that it was a foul'. The ref is in charge of the game, he should make the decisions as he sees them without having to put up with a bunch of whining kids trying to pressure him into a specific action.

England are guilty of this type of behaviour at times too. I wish people would stop condoning it.

Back
Top Bottom