Ronaldo wants to leave United

Associate
Sell Ronaldo and buy more useless English players? Was it not in champions league when players ran up to a referee and shouted for a red card?

If it wasn't because it was agaisnt England you wouldn't care and Ronaldo would be an amazing player for Man utd. Rooney clearly would have been sent of regardless of what he done, and that pic of him diving, wow only player of tournament to do it, oh wait Henry did this and got a penalty ;)

Soldato
I think a lot of non - utd fans dispised the whinging diving baby before the world cup, Henry had a very poor WC, as did a lot of players, and the diving was wrong and needs stamping out, but we are talking about one players unsportsmanship at the moment as it happened against us and were sore about it, I dont think thats wrong.
What he did to a team mate, and the fact he is now running away by the looks, just makes me like him less.
TBH I would rather UTD keep him, very rare he gives an end product anyway, just gets knocked over and cries a lot IMO.

Soldato
OH well nevermind. Ronaldo can't be blamed for Rooney getting himself stupidly sent off, that is mainly Rooney's fault for allowing himself to get so frustrated which ended up with him kicking out, rightfully red carded IMO, Sven must also take a portion of the blame for putting a player who was already hugely frustrated at his under par performances in previous games (through no fault of his own, he simply wasn't fit) to put him in one of the most frustrating positions there is, especially if it's not your natural position. Sven created the situation but Rooney let it get to him.

Surely this could be a blessing in disguise for Man U, isn't one of the major reasons that RvN is being eased out was because he frequently reduced Ronaldo to tears in the dressing room with his banter ? So surely if Ronaldo is dertermined to bugger off, then if there hasn't been too much damage done between Taggart and RvN then they could keep him ?

There has been a lot of diving in this world cup, i must say though i was somewhat upset when i saw the replay of France's Penalty against portugal, as i was more than happy that it was a dive at first, then the replays showed that it was a clear foul, which lessened the joy for a bit :D

At the end of the day i lay most of the blame for diving squarely at the feet of incompetant officiatiating for so long. Even now you see it time and time again, where a player tries to be honest and stay on their feet after being kicked, but they stumble for a bit and fall over, most of the time they don't get a free kick, and sometimes they even get a booking for attempting to play the game as it should be played. I have lost count of the amount of times i've seen this happenen, and it's been happening for years, so players feel like they have to go down like they've been shot to actually get the free kick they deserve, or just dive to get one. IMO officials created the situation and now they fail to do anything about it, frequently seeing dives and then doing nothing about it. They way i see it going down like a sack of turd at the lightest touch should be punishable by a yellow card, diving where there is no contact made should be punished by a straight red and a 2 game ban. That would stamp the problem out of the game pretty quick, as clubs would begin to heavily punish players also for missing a lot of games if they were persistant divers like that mummys boy which this thread is all aout.

Soldato
It is already bookable. However, a decent ref doesn't need to book a player - a simple 'get up you poof' is usually enough and then book them if it carries on.
I think your first paragraph contradicts the second - had Rooney not been honest and dived (which you suggest he should be booked for) then he wouldn't have been sent off. It's sad that for Rooney's hard work and commitment in keeping the ball that had lead to his sending off. I think that frustrated him, and that's where refs really need to make their minds up.

Can we play contact sport, or is it 'touch and you're booked'? Thats all I seem to see from non-European or refs used to a less physical game.

Permabanned
Don't see how they plan to keep him when the boy blatantly wants out.

And afterall, Ferguson is the biggest advocate of 'dressing room spirit', it's one of the reasons he wants rid of RVN. Ronaldo in the dressing roon will be bad, very bad.

Soldato
Sky Sports News said:
Cristiano Ronaldo insists it will be 'fine' if he stays at Manchester United after The Red Devils declared they had no intention of selling the Portugal international.

The winger has been tipped to leave Old Trafford during the summer and has hinted at a move to Real Madrid.

His antics surrounding United team-mate Wayne Rooney's World Cup dismissal have led to suggestions that Ronaldo will be forced out of the Premiership giants.

Sir Alex Ferguson is looking to keep the 21-year-old and the club released a statement on Wednesday morning to affirm their current stance.

With United determined not to sell Ronaldo, the former Sporting Lisbon youngster admits he would be happy to stay at Old Trafford.

However, the Real target also concedes he has other options to consider as he enjoys a holiday in his homeland following Portugal's fourth-place finish at the World Cup.

"There are possibilities for me to continue at Manchester United, but there are other possibilities as well," Ronaldo is quoted in the Portuguese media.

"Everything is open. If I have to leave Manchester United I don't want to leave on bad terms because it is a club that has contributed to my evolution as a human being and as a professional.

"It is an issue that has to be discussed in the next few days. For the time being I want to distance myself from football. The most important thing is to rest and go back to Madeira.

"I have no reason to leave the club, they have always supported me, they always gave me guarantees of being able to evolve as a player.

"There is still nothing concrete. During this week I believe the issue will be resolved.

"If it's a question of staying there it will be fine, if I leave it will also be fine.

"It is still a question that has to be decided, I have four days to resolve it."
Read More

Well aren't we honoured with your presence.

Soldato
JohnnyG said:
Wasn't he complaining just the other day about them not supporting him:p
I'm so glad it looks like he's staying, there'll be endless abuse from away fans:)

He was indeed. I seem to be the only United fan who doesn't want him to stay and isn't English!

Back
Top Bottom