Ronaldo wants to leave United

Soldato
Chelsea can't be ruled out, they have the same squad as last season with a few additional players as backup. They are stronger than last season overall, and will be looking to win the Premiership. Mourinho doesn't strike me as a manager who would let his hard work dissipate. So unless Arsenal and Liverpool raise their games significantly then it's still a two horse race from where I sit.

Permabanned
lemonkettaz said:
Sunderland...

Thats just crazy talk

I know! But, look at the cracking start Reading had last season, and Wigan the season before. If only they had the squads that the top 6 have, they would have finished higher.

Roy Keane brings a little magic to management, that flair and dedication he had as a player.

This season is going to be so good.

Caporegime
People said West Ham would fly last season with how well they played the season before and with the acquisitions of Tevez and Mascherano. Unfortunately football doesn't work that way.

We definitely have the potential to batter some teams with our attacking ability, but it's certainly not written off, it's possible we might struggle to find our feet to begin with. Nothing is set in stone.

Alternately, I can see Chelsea doing really well.

Soldato
benktlottie said:
I know! But, look at the cracking start Reading had last season, and Wigan the season before. If only they had the squads that the top 6 have, they would have finished higher.

Roy Keane brings a little magic to management, that flair and dedication he had as a player.

This season is going to be so good.

Roy Keane hasn't bought the quality Sunderland needs to stay in the Premiership. IMO he should be buying the players Newcastle have bought this summer to really and completely rule out relegation next season. I think some of the players that have refused a move to Sunderland are the ones who would reconsider their stance if Sunderland stay up next season and Keane proves that he's the manager everyone thinks he is.

Don
NokkonWud said:
Completely agree.

People saying Utd are going to walk the league etc just need to look at the last 2 times this was said (Chelsea after signing Sheva and Ballack and Utd when they signed Veron and RVN) and what happened.

Obviously Utd's squad will be stronger but there first 11 won't be that different in terms of quality.

Man of Honour
BaZ87 said:
Obviously Utd's squad will be stronger but there first 11 won't be that different in terms of quality.

Our first 11 will be stronger imho. Antoher years experience, a first full pre seaon off, and the addition of Hargreaves and Tevez. Undoubedtly our Squad is much stronger but our first 11 has also been strengthened in key areas.

Don
memphisto said:
Our first 11 will be stronger imho. Antoher years experience, a first full pre seaon off, and the addition of Hargreaves and Tevez. Undoubedtly our Squad is much stronger but our first 11 has also been strengthened in key areas.
Who misses out for Tevez and Hargreaves though? What your gaining in one area you'll lose in another.

Also is it another years experience or another year older for the likes of VDS, Neville, Scholes and Giggs?

And you never answered me in the other thread; when did Hartlepool sign all these players? :p

Soldato
I stand by everything I said in this thread as it was how I felt at the time and I still can't defend his comments post-World Cup. It brings to mind what's happening with Heinze now to me.

I love him as a footballer, but I still don't feel too secure in how United through and through he is... unlike Smithy who we've just sold...

Soldato
BaZ87 said:
Who misses out for Tevez and Hargreaves though? What your gaining in one area you'll lose in another.

Also is it another years experience or another year older for the likes of VDS, Neville, Scholes and Giggs?

And you never answered me in the other thread; when did Hartlepool sign all these players? :p

Firstly I think a good pre-season for Rooney will pay off. And experience gained for players like Carrick, Ronaldo and Evra will be vital.

Nobody misses out for Tevez as we didn't have anyone for the second striker role anyway with Saha always injured.

Hargreaves will either come in and sit as part of a 3 man midfield with Carrick and Scholes (Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez ahead) or just rotate when needed as part of a 4-4-2 system (Giggs/Nani coming in), as I can't see Carrick or Scholes being "dropped" so to speak, probably rested more often.

And our options from the bench will be FAR better than last season. I lost count of how many times I seen 3 defensive players + solskjaer on the bench last season. Not exactly amazing when chasing a game. Now we'll have an abundance of defensive players if needed, and some great attacking players to come off the bench.

Soldato
Raymond Lin said:
man city will be the dark horse this reason. sven might not delivered with england but his club record is almost flawless. wouldn't be surprise if he pull one out of the hat and be one of the top 4

You mean Manchester Utd? Nope sorry, easy mistake to make. Sven has spent over £40m this summer on 8 players he has not seen play in an actual game, going off the recommendations of friends and videos.

Caporegime
Linoge said:
You mean Manchester Utd? Nope sorry, easy mistake to make. Sven has spent over £40m this summer on 8 players he has not seen play in an actual game, going off the recommendations of friends and videos.
Almost all from Italy too.

If Veron couldn't cope...

Caporegime
BaZ87 said:
Zola did though
But Zola is a really special player, we knew that prior to him arriving. Players like Zola are VERY rare, it's arguable that there still aren't any strikers as skillful or as classy as him now in the EPL.

Don
Ok then Henry came from Italy and he wasn't a star before he came.

Its too simple to say that players from Italy will struggle over here, especially if they're not even Italian.

Soldato
Ripper said:
Nobody misses out for Tevez as we didn't have anyone for the second striker role anyway with Saha always injured.
Saha played the leading striker role when he played, with Rooney playing as a support/second striker. Tevez is a similar type of player to Rooney - links up with the midfield and lies quite deep, Saha is more the type of player who will play off the shoulder of the opposition's defence.

Saha and Tevez/Rooney would work better than Tevez and Rooney imo, which is why United haven't really improved their first 11 as Baz said.

Caporegime
Tevez' goal scoring record other than West Ham speaks for itself though, for those clubs he plays further forwards. He might not be an out and out striker (which we don't need) but he certainly plays further forward than Rooney (as Rooney is generally always picking the ball up 5-10 yards from the center of the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom