Rosicky having medical at Arsenal

Man of Honour
OP
Gilly said:
Lehmann has a while yet.

Almunia has looked good when he's come in, but I'm not sure he'd be up to being the number 1.

Now that Lehmann (for a while) seemed to have stemmed his temper he could have been seen as the fantastic shot stopper which he is.

It's still bloody and raw the way that Almunia let in two goals at his near post :(

Soldato
Who is the real life version of Landreau on PES5? He's absolutely mental in goal.. and cheap and not signed to anyone.

(I know this sounds stupid.. it is :p)

Associate
foz2000 said:
good signing, can cross a ball and already scored against us.

I was just watching a compilation on youtube (found here , the action doesnt start until about 1:20 though) pretty nice goal he scored against Arsenal.

Looks like he should be a good signing.

Associate
georges said:
Who is the real life version of Landreau on PES5? He's absolutely mental in goal.. and cheap and not signed to anyone.

(I know this sounds stupid.. it is :p)

landreau was availilible on a free this summer but has signed for psg i think now - he was experienced and cheap and french too!

Soldato
Hope Wenger isn't thinking of moving permanently to 4-5-1, we seem to have an abundance of midfielders now. Thierry, RvP and i guess Walcott will be our front men which isn't really enough i think. Reyes can't cut it here and as much as i like him he hasn't done anything useful in a long time, the odd match here and there isn't enough. Defence certainly needs strengthening in the middle though. Toure and Big Phil are our best pairing, Campbell is ok as backup but really we need 1 more. As to Lehman i think Wenger will leave it too long again. We really need some young talent in goal to be understudy.

Soldato
freshy said:
landreau was availilible on a free this summer but has signed for psg i think now - he was experienced and cheap and french too!

His pro evo stats are amazing for the price and lack of team..

defence: 91
Balance:: 83
Response: 91
Keeper Skills: 93
Consistency: 7/8
Condition 7/8
Mentality:1
Team work: 82

Special:
penalty stopper, 1on1 stopper.

I've never seen him play irl, but the stats on pro evo, excluding all the little tricks people do that aren't included are usually pretty close.

Soldato
why didnt United go for Rosicky?hes such a good player,wasted at Arsenal ;) lol.
but no seriously seen videos of him,hes a brilliant player.arsenal got him cheap aswel!!

Permabanned
greenlizard0 said:
Is this guy any good? I remember being linked with him a few years ago. I can't even really think why tbh. But since Diaby's injured we're probably going to need somebody to back Cesc up when Gilberto disappears for 25 premiership games on the trot. Grr....

Are you kidding!?

Rosicky is WORLD CLASS.

The kind of player we've been crying out for Wenger to sign for ages.

He has pace, great dribbling, is an exceptional player-maker, has a great free kick and an awesome work rate. And despite what most people will tell you, he DOES know how to rough it up when needed.

The kind of player Wenger loves, a great team player but also a player who can produce moments of brilliance for himself at any time.

IMO he is here for the left wing, while covering for Cesc in the center when needed. He is the player that can really spark up our left side, just imagine if we get it going and Eboue and Hleb continue to work wonders down the right! We could be deadly.

Although I am hearing rumours that Wenger has plans for Rosicky in the 'Bergkamp Role' which could mean bye bye to RVP. RVP has got to stay IMO, 100% raw talent.

But, I have also heard the player making way is Reyes. I like Reyes and his work rate is great but he is so bloody inconsistent and the diving gets right on my ****. How many great games has he had for us this season in the Premiership? 6-7 at most which is quite shocking for someone that cost us all that money! Yes I know he is one of the leading assisters in the Prem but is that enough for you from a player with so much promise? Not me. I mean, ffs we have Henry in our team, a really bad ball can be turned in to a goal by that man with ease.
If decent offers come in for Reyes, we should listen simple as.

Soldato
I feel sorry for Reyes.

The lad's natural position is up front and he's been dumped on the left wing for the majority of the season mainly due to the problems at left back we've had.

With no natural left back for the majority of the season, I think Wenger felt we needed somebody out there who could offer some protection and Reyes has done that well this season, tracking back etc while still setting up loads of goals.

But Rosicky is an excellent signing and a bit of a steal for what we paid.

The way we play, we actually don't need and out and out left winger. Cole gets down the flanks well and Henry likes to occupy that area when he drifts out wide.

What we needed was somebody who can play on the left side but drift in towards the middle, which I feel Rosicky is brought in to do.

Soldato
GuruJockStrap said:
I feel sorry for Reyes.

The lad's natural position is up front and he's been dumped on the left wing for the majority of the season mainly due to the problems at left back we've had.

:confused:

He is a left winger. He played on the Left in Spain, he's far more comfortable on the left than up top.

Soldato
I don't think RVP will leave at all, considering we only have 3 strikers now, if arsene is going to switch between 4-5-1 and 4-4-2 like last season then he needs 4 strikers, i don't think RVP is going anywhere.

Likewise with Reyes, i dont think he's been under much pressure since he's been at arsenal, the signing of Rosicky could mean more time on the bench, which hopefully will give him encouragement to improve his game.

As Double D has said, a few players will leave and a few will come in, i can't see them selling anyone other than Pires and Campbell.

Toure and Senderos at the back, reinforced by Djorou and hopefully Davies from WBA.

Associate
i think we just need to sign torres then we will have a player to take some of the pressure off henry and score goals when he's missing as van persie is hit or miss and dont get me started on adebayor!

Back
Top Bottom