Rosicky having medical at Arsenal

Soldato
I think Reyes showed more promise this season. And I think that next season he will continue. Rosicky signing is a great one as Arsene has been chasing him for years.

I think with the squad that we have now and the promising youngsters that are coming through, i think that we are going to have a fantastic season next year!

Just need that CB now. Anyone know of anyone being suggested?

Soldato
greenlizard0 said:
Not being funny, but what does an undisclosed fee mean? :confused:

Why is it that a lot of our players leave/come in for an undisclosed fee?

Just means Arsenal don't officially release the transfer fee, they very rarely do.I guess they do it to stop other clubs knowing how much money they have spent, but they have always done it.

Soldato
greenlizard0 said:

Arsenal usually do undisclosed fees, it simply means the figure hasnt been released. But is usually guessed!

+44

Associate
greenlizard0 said:

i think it is because wenger is so astute in the market - unlike other teams that thrive on releasing info to please the fans (which ups the price ultimately), wenger has no such pressure and can afford to do it quietly. with arsenal they usually pay in installments and such add ons. often the undisclosed for these transfers is best since the final figure is so unpredicatable.

Caporegime
foz2000 said:
i think we just need to sign torres then we will have a player to take some of the pressure off henry and score goals when he's missing as van persie is hit or miss and dont get me started on adebayor!

What about Walcott?

Permabanned
There is absolutely no need for Torres.

Jesus, if I hear his name muttered again when talking about Arsenal transfers I will throw myself off a bridge!

We have Henry, RVP, Adebayor, Walcott, Reyes and two young reserves banging in the goals for fun.

RVP needs a run in the team, he had been out for ages with a broken toe and never got a run once he returned. The boy is 100% raw talent, make no mistake.

To clarify: We DO NOT, in any way shape or form, need another striker.

IMO We need a central defender (Anton Ferdinand :p) and maybe a Gilberto-like CM minus the erratic passing. :D

Associate
walcott can do the wing/behind the front 2 or upfront

aw likes his versatile players, thats prolly why he's schooling rvp on the left wing, rosiky will be a good signing if he settles and i think Woodgate will be a good one for you guys to get, he surely cant be that much of a crock and i feel that arsenal are prolly one of the best clubs around with they're sports science to get him playing again.

With regards to united not buying any decent players, kevin nolan's staring them in the face open the warchest and snap him up plus a few other decent prem players, i wish they'd stop listening to agents and m.fergie for players sometimes, they 90% pick bad players.

Ribbo

Last edited:
Associate
NokkonWud said:
What about Walcott?

walcott is for the future but he could play on the wings in place of freddie or maybe pires, and we could have torres who can score goals and help make the team better. Walcott might take the world by storm at the WC but then again he might just sit on the bench like he has done for arsenal (i know they had big games and needed the experience and points)

I will leave it up to arsene he normally gets it right

Exceptions, cygan,stepanovs, jeffers!

Man of Honour
Transfer fees are hard to follow anyway these days with all the conditions and bolt-ons. Take Walcott, you see the red tops bleating on about a £12m transfer, but that is the 'worst case scenario', the actual figures released by Southampton to the Daily Echo are as follows:

£5m up front
£1m for every 10 starts for Arsenal (think it was premiership) to a total of 50 starts (£5m)
£2m if he starts 20 games for England - or if sold before then, £150,000 per cap.

This explains in part why he hasn't been used yet by Wenger, because once he's made 10 starts we will have to hand Saints another million quid. May as well let him learn his trade in the reserves/England team until he's actually good enough for the Arsenal first XI :)

Soldato
Hlebio said:
Are you kidding!?

Rosicky is WORLD CLASS.

The kind of player we've been crying out for Wenger to sign for ages.

He has pace, great dribbling, is an exceptional player-maker, has a great free kick and an awesome work rate. And despite what most people will tell you, he DOES know how to rough it up when needed.

He is so great Dortmund are taking an 11 million pound loss and selling him on??

That doesnt happen very often.

Soldato
I don't know a massive amount about Rosicky, but he does seem to be a good signing, although only time will tell.

I think that selling Sol would be a mistake and I have a feeling that Bobby Pires may accept a one year contract, now that Tel has resigned.

Man of Honour
Big Kev said:
and I have a feeling that Bobby Pires may accept a one year contract, now that Tel has resigned.
On Tuesday Pires was still unsure about his future (horses mouth) & I think it was about Thursday that Henry said he's staying (I was away so don't know the exact day) so I think Henry's announcement will be the deciding factor for Pires too:)

Back
Top Bottom