Router/Firewall for 300mbs FTTP

Associate
Hi All,

I have a location with a (Gigaclear) FTTP running at around 300mbps. They supply a modem, and a velop router. I want to replace the router with a better one, and perhaps use the velop as a wireless access point.

I am used to Drayteks (2860 on FTTC lines), and like their built in features (syslog, VPN, security, etc), and configurability regarding port forwarding, etc. Their wifi is terrible. However I am not sure which I'd go for, or if I'm a little out of date in choosing a Draytek?

I guess the 2862 (max throughput 400mbs - is that 200mbs each way though?) would be an appropriate upgrade to a 2860, or the 2926, but is it up to the task, and are the drayteks out of date?

Drayek don't seem to have released any new routers for some years, and I'm not even sure what the processor or memory is on them.

Any advice/experience appreciated.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Ubiquiti is a brand name I am seeing quite a lot in my searching. I'm not sure I like the shape of that one, but would like to see their admin interface and what they have built in to their products.
I'm guessing its only Draytek that provide an GUI demo for their routers though?

Back
Top Bottom