Royal Mail starts to go green with fleet of cute Postman Pat style vans

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
How could you be mad at the postie for being late when (s)he rocks up in one of these things?

FnEPutb.jpg

Nine commercial trucks of varying sizes with ranges of up to 100 miles will start operating out of Royal Mail's central London depot from today, carrying parcels and post to other parts of the city and surrounding areas.

Full article here: https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/23/royal-mail-arrival-electric-vans/

Would this then be the first UK company to start roiling out a fleet of all electric vehicles and begin the update process for all branches?

I dream of the day I can walk to work and not be disturbed by loud vans every 30 seconds :cool:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Hah yeah!

I also notice Arrival say:

Modular design means a single person can build one of our trucks in four hours and allows any part to be changed in 15 minutes.

That's gotta be a big selling point surely.

Soldato
Looks like it might fall over on a tight turn. Like those old Bedford rascals :)

But why did they get Peugeot to make them :/

Last edited:
Permabanned
Modular design means a single person can build one of our trucks in four hours and allows any part to be changed in 15 minutes. :o:D

Our partners.

Royal Mail are currently trialling our fully electric commercial vehicles from their Mount Pleasant depot in central London, UK.

The vehicles will be used to transport packages between mail and distribution centres in the city and surrounding area.

The co-branded red Royal Mail electric trucks are the first to be produced at our new factory in Banbury.

Back
Top Bottom