Royal Mail strike tomorrow - how many Posties use this forum?

Associate
Hi

I'm work for Royal Mail and would be interested as to how many Posties we have on this forum and whether you will be supporting the CWU with their strikes tomorrow.

I will be supporting the strike but hope that some good will come of it...eventually!

Associate
pfffffft Royal mail workers are payed higher than there counter parts but are something like 40% less productive.

Be happy with your 2. something % payrise and incentive scheme, royal mail is a joke tbh.

Last edited:
Soldato
I own my business, I've decided that I'm only going to give myself a 1.5% pay rise this year. Maybe I should go on strike...

Striking is pathetic, an out-dated solution for out-dated unions who when they don't get what they want cry strike. Royal Mail is already losing historic amounts of money, you would think posties would understand this.

The wife works for a warehousing company, they have'nt had a payrise in 3 years because the company is just breaking even. Sometimes sacrifices have to be made in the best interests of the business.

Associate
OP
Kezmo said:
pfffffft Royal mail workers are payed higher than there counter parts but are something like 40% less productive.

Be happy with your 2. something % payrise and incentive scheme, royal mail is a joke tbh.

To be totally honest i dont care about a payrise as i only work part time as im a student. The money for a part time job is higher than the average supermarket self stacker so im happy!

Permabanned
I think I have decided that every single piece of junk mail that I get from now on is going taken back to my local Royal Mail depot instead of the recycling centre.

I am also going to check every piece of post as the delivery person we have seems to have trouble reading and checking the house number and address.

You can earn your 2.5% !!!!

Permabanned
Wonder what would happen if the customer base went on strike and refused to use Royal Mail? If the amount of missing mail, deliverys over a week late and things arriving damaged that we've had is indicative of the general situation then it's surprising the customers haven't revolted!

Soldato
I've couriered items all over the world to and from, and nothing's worse than the UK postal system (whoever it is). It seems to not matter who the company I chose, it's more like the Hubs.

I can get something sent over in a just over aday from the other side of the world for it to sit in old blimey for a week before it leaves for Jersey.

It happens over and over and over, wasting money on an express service because the standard ones take 4 weeks +.

You know i'd be happy it for once they'd at least do a speedy delivery and second, jersey post guys leave stuff in public view instead of posting it through the letter box!!!

[general rant about posties]

And I know it's not all of them, so, don't take it personally.

Permabanned
Postal staff need shooting.

Royal Mail is a complete and utter shambles. If you dont like the pay go elsewhere, You shouldnt need unions to suggest out of date practises. Striking doesnt work and makes you all look like fools.

RM, Get a grip.

Soldato
I'm not a postie but I used to work for Post Office Counters in a Crown Office.

A lot of my ex-colleagues will be on the picket lines tomorrow and I will be there with the bacon butties and cups of tea lending my support.

GO STRIKERS :)

Back
Top Bottom