RSS Ticker

Associate
Peve said:
I like it nice and simple the only problem I have is that is seems to eat up a lot of memory nearly 20mb on my system :(

Is this the .NET framework being loaded, or is it the program that is taking up this memory? I'm learning from reading this thread too, there's not enough of them around :)

Soldato
5tephen said:
Is this the .NET framework being loaded, or is it the program that is taking up this memory? I'm learning from reading this thread too, there's not enough of them around :)
As far as I know, it's the .NET Windows Forms implementation that uses up so much memory. If there's no GUI showing then it usually takes up under 8MB of memory (depending on what it's doing of course).

robmiller said:
I think I might've been the one who posted it - I've certainly posted it here before :)
Oops :o

If it was, then thanks! I stick to it like a bible now :D

Soldato
Rob, you gonna update that link? :p
I'd quite like to use this program. :)

A feature request/suggestion as well, if I may! Would be good if there was some sort of notification when a new feed item is received.

Soldato
OP
Inquisitor said:
Rob, you gonna update that link? :p
I'd quite like to use this program. :)

A feature request/suggestion as well, if I may! Would be good if there was some sort of notification when a new feed item is received.

It already has a balloon notification when it updates :/

Associate
Inquisitor said:
As far as I know, it's the .NET Windows Forms implementation that uses up so much memory. If there's no GUI showing then it usually takes up under 8MB of memory (depending on what it's doing of course).

Oops :o

If it was, then thanks! I stick to it like a bible now :D

Is there any way to reduce that? Sounds pretty inefficient to me.
Also, on a C# 2.0 program I am working on, it typically takes between 30 - 45Mb RAM, but as soon as I minimise it to the taskbar it takes up only 3Mb :eek: Now that is efficient! That's less memory than any web app could ever aim for, lol.

Back
Top Bottom