• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Associate
Hi All,

I am having issues I believe with my GPU, when playing games my PC loses signal, power remains on but my monitor states there is no signal.

It has happened on the following games-
  • COD Warzone
  • Fall Guys
  • Pummel Party
  • Gears 5
  • AOE 2- Just tried playing it now, loaded fine, game started and lost signal within 5 minutes.
Its hasn't happened on the following-
  • Civ 5
  • Frostpunk
  • AOM
  • Rocket League
There is a wide range in how long it takes to lose signal, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes its after an hour or 2 and other times it is 15-20mins.

I have checked temps when games are running and it doesn't get higher than 75-77 degrees. I have tried putting the GPU back into the motherboard and checking connections and reinstalling the drivers.

Specs

Windows 10 Home
MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Ryzen 7 2700x
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 6GB OC GPU
Adata XPG Gammix D10 16GB (2x 8GB) 3200MHz DDR4
Corsair CV Series CV650 650W 80+ Bronze
Seagate BarraCuda 1TB SATA III 3.5" HDD
Western Digital Green 120GB M.2-2280 SATA III SSD

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
To me it sounds like a power issue, either with the GPU or the PSU. It would help if you had another PSU available to test with, or another GPU.

C64

C64

Soldato
yea change of cable especially if you use dp or hdmi, dvi don't tend to have issues but hdmi can just break / go wrong

Back
Top Bottom