• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 2080 Ti delay when i pre-ordered on day of announcement from OC UK!

Associate
I pre-ordered a RTX 2080 Ti (MSI Duke version) on the day of announcement from Overclockers UK.
(20th of August.) Apparently, i'm within the top 10 in the queue.

I still haven't received it. I know there was a delay with the RTX Ti series, but i thought it was just for 1 week until the 27th of September. It is now 2 weeks later.

I have contacted OC UK over the phone every week and no one can give a clear date of when they will arrive, they just keep saying hopefully they will arrive next week.

I have also contacted MSI UK about it over the phone and email and they said they would 'get back to me' but never have.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

One thing i have noticed is that when i pre-ordered the MSI RTX 2080 Ti Duke, it was only £1059.89...it increased a few days after to £1239.99 and now it is £1289.99 and a few of my friends have said that they may be withholding the stock because of the price increase and waiting for you to cancel so they can re-sell it for more.

Last edited:
Associate
I haven't seen anywhere which the Duke in stock yet, I highly doubt OCuk would be waiting for people to cancel due to the price increasing.

Soldato
nVidia have made like... 20 Ti's for the entire world at this point. Keep stock low makes it seem demand is high - profit ;)

In all honesty though, there is bugger all stock. I doubt OC are trying to screw you over.

Associate
When prices werent enough at £1050-1200 their now all pushing nearer the £1,500. Price gouging terrible and early adopters need to be stung. Might make people think twice before supporting these terrible prices.

I wouldnt be surprised if yours is delayed to allow those that pay well over the odds more to stop them been cancelled. Makes business sense.

Suppose logically if nvidia sell 60% cards at £1500 compared to 100% £750 they make tad more profit. Then they can try £2000 price tag, then £3000, then £4000 etc til they find the sweet spot and screw the rest. Sorry cant help but bitter about the whole of the pc market. And yes i can easily afford one before people state im whinning cause i cant afford one. It is simply a matter of principle. Worst its ever been to be a pc owner.

Associate
I highly doubt OCUK are doing anything of the sort. There simply is limited stock about.

I'm still baffled why people pre-order the more expensive partner cards. They look terrible aesthetically, they don't overclock significantly more than the FE, yet they cost more, and their prices are subject to stock availability.

Associate
OP
I'm still baffled why people pre-order the more expensive partner cards. They look terrible aesthetically, they don't overclock significantly more than the FE, yet they cost more, and their prices are subject to stock availability.

1.) At the time, for me the MSI Duke was actually cheaper than the FE.
2.) Saying all AIB cards look terrible aesthetically is just nonsense. Furthermore, it's subjective anyway and i bet most people would disagree.
3.) So in other words, they still overclock more than the FE? (and in some cases, cost the same, or in my case; less!)

Don
When prices werent enough at £1050-1200 their now all pushing nearer the £1,500. Price gouging terrible and early adopters need to be stung. Might make people think twice before supporting these terrible prices.

I wouldnt be surprised if yours is delayed to allow those that pay well over the odds more to stop them been cancelled. Makes business sense.

Suppose logically if nvidia sell 60% cards at £1500 compared to 100% £750 they make tad more profit. Then they can try £2000 price tag, then £3000, then £4000 etc til they find the sweet spot and screw the rest. Sorry cant help but bitter about the whole of the pc market. And yes i can easily afford one before people state im whinning cause i cant afford one. It is simply a matter of principle. Worst its ever been to be a pc owner.

Nvidia make nothing from the increased retail price.

Caporegime
I highly doubt OCUK are doing anything of the sort. There simply is limited stock about.

Aesthetics is in the eye of the buyer, nvidia's FE looks really nice but the cooler is a bit flawed, they should have vented it more than they did to let air escape with more ease. Some of these aftermarket cards are loading a good 10-15c lower than the FE card, even when overclocking is taken into consideration.

Associate
Nvidia make nothing from the increased retail price.

True. But their original price of £1100 is far too high imo. No way the reference cards weren't going to cost least fair bit more. The rtx2080ti is the gtx1080ti replacement. Apart from instead of having better technology & performance for same price/slightly more (the norm) they just pretty much doubled the price. The 2080 is also a joke costing more than gtx1080ti for pretty much exact same performance 2 years later with arguably just a gimmick added which isn't useable right now & might not for all we know really be feasible in games (i hope this comes true & Nvidia face a backlash) For those that skipped the gtx1080ti on launch it feels like there was basically no benefit of waiting. Trapped between a rock & a hard place. They haven't dropped in price & that's cause Nvidia over inflated the new card prices to give the illusion the gtx1080ti is good value for money. It's still the same can price as on release.

I'm just really disappointed in Nvidia & Intel recently. It's good to see AMD fight for the cpu market. Shame no one can fight for the gpu market.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm just really disappointed in Nvidia & Intel recently. It's good to see AMD fight for the cpu market. Shame no one can fight for the gpu market.

Intel thought that about the cpu market a couple of years back til amd delivered a swift kick to their swingers. Amd are not to be written off in terms of cpu or gpu.

Associate
I pre-ordered a RTX 2080 Ti (MSI Duke version) on the day of announcement from Overclockers UK.
(20th of August.) Apparently, i'm within the top 10 in the queue.

I still haven't received it. I know there was a delay with the RTX Ti series, but i thought it was just for 1 week until the 27th of September. It is now 2 weeks later.

I have contacted OC UK over the phone every week and no one can give a clear date of when they will arrive, they just keep saying hopefully they will arrive next week.

I have also contacted MSI UK about it over the phone and email and they said they would 'get back to me' but never have.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

One thing i have noticed is that when i pre-ordered the MSI RTX 2080 Ti Duke, it was only £1059.89...it increased a few days after to £1239.99 and now it is £1289.99 and a few of my friends have said that they may be withholding the stock because of the price increase and waiting for you to cancel so they can re-sell it for more.

I am in the same situation, but with the MSI Gaming X Trio. I ordered within minutes of availability on this site, but have no solid info on when my card will arrive. The card has gone up in price by about £200 since then. Until 2 days ago, nobody on this forum had a card either, but now one or two have taken delivery of their cards from elsewhere, so stock is starting to appear in the UK, but numbers are still feeble.

That said, I simply don't believe that OCUK are trying to encourage people to cancel orders and sell it for more elsewhere - it simply doesn't make sense for them as a business. It's too high risk for one thing - if they were caught, as they most likely would be, then it would damage their reputation no end, and cost them a lot more money than the xtra few grand they'd make from pulling this stunt. I know it's frustrating, but we're all going to have to wait. Ordering elsewhere won't get you a card any quicker, and neither will ranting at them on here, even if it is tempting!

Soldato
True. But their original price of £1100 is far too high imo.
As I've said before, why would NV sell them at say £800 when they cannot even supply enough of them to meet demand at £1099+ at present? This is also probably why retailers are slapping on a premium. If you know you can sell the lot at £1400 before the next deliveries arrive, why not?

Soldato
Who's the bigger fool, Nvidia/retailers selling them at inflated prices or Joe Public buying them so the sellers can keep selling them at inflated prices ? It will never change people will always buy the product.

the fact they are already dropping the prices on parts they've got a bit more stock of shows that not many people are paying the overinflated prices

OcUK Staff
@Gibbo again lol is there no sign of any date for stock?

Last week was Golden Week in China, so all production ceased whilst they take a break, this of course adds delays to shipments.
But the yield NVIDIA had planned for has simply not happened.

We have no ETA, some brands are saying end of November before volume shipments.

We honour all pre-orders irrelevant of the price paid, so simply remain steady, I do know that MSI, EVGA have shipped little to nothing into the channel. So far the volumes seem to be coming from Asus, Gigabyte, Inno3D, Palit and Zotac.

Back
Top Bottom