• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3070 Founders Edition Vs ASUS TUF

Associate
Hey guys,

Just wanted to know what the difference is between these two cards? If i was able to get both of them which should i get? Are they very similar and in the end is it just personal preference?

The price difference between the 2 is about £100. With the FE being £470. So is the ASUS worth the extra £100?

I would currently be upgrading from a gigabyte gtx1080 and mostly need it for VR (Valve Index and Quest 2 Virtual Display) gaming, ideally with max settings and playing at 120hz on the index and 90hz on quest 2.

Please advice! I was initially waiting for a Asus rtx3080 TUF card, but think ill give up on it now as i just cant be bothered to wait anymore :(

bJN

bJN

Soldato
In no way, shape or form is an AIB card like the TUF worth a £100 markup. If you were willing to go that far I'd suggest saving another £100 and going for the 3080 FE.

Soldato
Not worth it I would have thought for such an increase in price.

Most the reviews show the 3070FE model seems to remain relatively cool and quiet anyways. Performance wise, thanks to the way boost works, actual performance between the two will be ballpark. Overclocking seems to be okay on the FE model also, but silicon lottery more then anything with these things rather then SKU (aside from those specific models which have 450+ watt BIOS's)

I would argue the FE model looks better to be honest.

Associate
OP
Oh wow, thanks guys, im also verging on the same opinion that its not worth £100 extra for the asus! I also like the look of the FE better, and the asus might give me a slight boost, but probably only something like 10fps at most.

Associate
OP
In no way, shape or form is an AIB card like the TUF worth a £100 markup. If you were willing to go that far I'd suggest saving another £100 and going for the 3080 FE.
I would have done the same and gone for the 3080 FE, but no word of stock and ive been checking for a month now! I just cant be assed to wait any longer unfortunetly, im a very impatient person :( especially when it comes to new tech and devices!

Back
Top Bottom