• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3080 gaming OC UK

Permabanned
I was reading up and of the thousands of gigabyte cards were delivered to the UK this week Overclockers Uk apparently hasn't had any as I only moved down the list 20 places which are probably cancellations.

Competitors I have seen have had hundreds delivered to them and they have shipped them out without a problem.

It opnly seems to be overclockers out of all the big e retailers that are having the problems!

does anyone else think overclockers are losing touch with graphics card suppliers?

Last edited:
Associate
Yep. Same situation with Evga. Competitors having had multiple shipments but OCUK having apparently "not heard anything about shipments to the UK."

BS.

Associate
Have you got some sources regarding these alleged deliveries as I've not seen anything. Also since OCUK had a pretty low volume or orders for Gigabyte cards in comparison to others its not surprising they'd be receiving fewer/smaller shipments. Suppliers be that manufacturers or distributors will make priority where the biggest volumes of orders are waiting as that will provide the most cheddar for their time and effort.

For example say they got a group of pallets with 500 cards on it, they can send one truck to one retailer or 250 each on two trucks to two retailers. Cost has already gone up with the extra vehicle and driver for the same amount of return. Not saying that makes us consumers feel any better because its not our fault but just providing an explanation as to why OCUK might not be highest priority for Gigabyte cards when they likely have one of the smallest order volumes for such. The two other individuals listed in the sheet in front of me have received their cards now, I myself am in position 10 for the 3080 Gigabyte Gaming OC so I'm in the same boat (queue).

Permabanned
OP
Have you got some sources regarding these alleged deliveries as I've not seen anything. Also since OCUK had a pretty low volume or orders for Gigabyte cards in comparison to others its not surprising they'd be receiving fewer/smaller shipments. Suppliers be that manufacturers or distributors will make priority where the biggest volumes of orders are waiting as that will provide the most cheddar for their time and effort.

For example say they got a group of pallets with 500 cards on it, they can send one truck to one retailer or 250 each on two trucks to two retailers. Cost has already gone up with the extra vehicle and driver for the same amount of return. Not saying that makes us consumers feel any better because its not our fault but just providing an explanation as to why OCUK might not be highest priority for Gigabyte cards when they likely have one of the smallest order volumes for such. The two other individuals listed in the sheet in front of me have received their cards now, I myself am in position 10 for the 3080 Gigabyte Gaming OC so I'm in the same boat (queue).
A competitor I shall not name or I'll get suspended has a neat system for tracking when they get deliveries and how many orders from each brand are left on their website. They have less pre orders than overclocker UK for gigabyte cards as they had a pre order cap, yet they managed to get themselves a a few hundred over the past two weeks as that's how much the number of pre orders went down by.

Also on aorus Twitter UK they said a shipment of gaming oc was coming to the UK this week and on some tech websites it suggests it was an shipment of up to a few thousand. Of which the competitor got the delivery on wednesday.

Wrong link maybe, different username and he was listed in the queue thread as getting the Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC

Weird I can’t say much about the queue Tbf, I’ve had to message OCUK just to try and get a queue position since they haven’t updated mine, got told “I’m around 300” but they’ll send it onto the official guys and I’ll never find out I guess

Permabanned
OP
Its not true.

They were a lot of cards delivered here and not canceled.

I was 8th in the Q and got mine 2 days ago.
But yeah, in general everything is sold out everywhere and I was waiting for more than a month aswell.

https://imgur.com/a/nBEPdHy

sorry if i was wrong but still only a max of 20 cards were delivered which isnt a lot in 2 weeks!

Back
Top Bottom