• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Rtx 3080 lower quality capacitor Issue

Associate
2000mhz is actually a pretty bad show for Ampere, it is on 8nm and also uses physically smaller chips than big Turing or Volta.

I think we knew from beginning the 30xx apart from the 8nm, there is nothing special. It is just more performance due to increase of the power. That is all. I do hope nvidia stars to re-think about it in the near future. Waiting to see which manufacture is gonna be brave to use 30xx on gaming laptops. Hahaha.

TrM

TrM

Associate
I think we knew from beginning the 30xx apart from the 8nm, there is nothing special. It is just more performance due to increase of the power. That is all. I do hope nvidia stars to re-think about it in the near future. Waiting to see which manufacture is gonna be brave to use 30xx on gaming laptops. Hahaha.

I think going forward laptops will disable the 3000 series on battery and use the new xe igpu on there new CPU’s and have 2 power bricks power supply to power it in desktop mode :) and maybe docking stations will come back to cool the beast

Soldato
2000mhz is actually a pretty bad show for Ampere, it is on 8nm and also uses physically smaller chips than big Turing or Volta.

But why, whom has decided that it is or why it is? You've just suggested it should be "cause" and that is about it. No AIB or Nvidia themselves have suggested or stated we should be seeing people able to overclock thier cards over the 2000Mhz.

So far Samsung 8nm seems really poor anyways, isn't any more power efficient from what Nvidia have shown to the TSMC 12nm previous. It from what we are seeing doesn't seem to be mature enough to be consistent as the core certainly seems to be part of the issue to date.

Man of Honour
But why, whom has decided that it is or why it is? You've just suggested it should be "cause" and that is about it. No AIB or Nvidia themselves have suggested or stated we should be seeing people able to overclock thier cards over the 2000Mhz.

So far Samsung 8nm seems really poor anyways, isn't any more power efficient from what Nvidia have shown to the TSMC 12nm previous. It from what we are seeing doesn't seem to be mature enough to be consistent as the core certainly seems to be part of the issue to date.

You have answered your own point.

TrM

TrM

Associate
SSHW4pn.png

They fixed up as I and everyone with brain would expect. Change boost behaviour and increase voltage.

next big thing on the internet omg nvidia nerfed the clock speed on my card to make up for bad caps and bad board design how dare you nvidia! Change.org petition income for sure.

Soldato
You have answered your own point.

Great but you've been banging on how they should all be smashing past 2000Mhz fine etc without any reason to give why.

That is the same as suggesting because AMD is on 7nm it should be at 3000Mhz compared to previous or whaterver then because it is a more efficient node but there is more too it for what Mhz is achieved than just the node.

Associate
there are quite a few of us here.
i believe this is all due to the impedans in the C-clock that leaves ripples in the ohms in the up/down components.

Back
Top Bottom