Ruddy Ipod

Soldato
My ipod has broken I think.
when i plug it in you can hear the HDD starting up
Then it stops
Then it start up
Then it stops.
Then it flashes an unhappy folder face thing.
Then its permentely stuck on the do not disconnect screen.

Its a 20 gb click wheel ipod and its 3 months out of guarantee are they designed to break?

edit: now its got a folder icon with a hazard symbol next to it

Last edited:
Caporegime
The hard drive which is not made by Apple has broken. Did you drop it?

They aren't designed to break, no. If they were my 18 month old 20gig that is used every day wouldn't still work perfectly.

Soldato
OP
I didn't drop it, I now have an update on the situation. i've got it to play music (I hit it :eek: ) it plays music fine but it wont update or restore. comes up with an error that the ipod cannot be locked try shutting down any applications using it :confused: :confused: none are

daz

daz

Soldato
Can you force your ipod into diagnostic mode? I'm not sure what the key combinations would be for your particular one, but a quick search should reveal how it's possible.

Soldato
OP
I tried to run it it said starting.......
and stayed there and just shut down.
should I send it to apple (its out of warranty) or should I buy a new one is the repair is more than a new one

Soldato
collisster said:
should I send it to apple (its out of warranty) or should I buy a new one is the repair is more than a new one

I'd sell the old one broken then buy the same or better for not much more, there are people that are very good at fixing these things, so they buy them fix them and sell them on. As there are a few people that are good fixers they dont sell for much less broken.

Soldato
OP
I found out that a repair from apple is ~ 160 pounds.
I could get a new one for that much. where should I sell it?

here is an update on the situation.
I managed to get it to update the firmware and restore the ipod. I tried to update the ipod (put all the songs on it) and that fails

Soldato
collisster said:
I found out that a repair from apple is ~ 160 pounds.
I could get a new one for that much. where should I sell it?

here is an update on the situation.
I managed to get it to update the firmware and restore the ipod. I tried to update the ipod (put all the songs on it) and that fails

Put it on ebay....... see what you get. Do a serch first see what sort of price there going for.

Back
Top Bottom