***Rugby Super League XXV***

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
Yeah, so that went poorly for Trinity to be honest...

'Quelle victoire' indeed. Sam Tomkins got MotM, now top of the league by dint of PD (damned near unheard of!), and I think I'm right in saying that's the largest ever SL win away from Brutus for les Dracs.

Warrington can go top later, but I think they have to absolutely wallop Huddersfield to do so.

***edit***

The tries:

Full highlights:

When this team is on form, they are one of the best (maybe the best?) at keeping the ball alive.

Last edited:
Associate
Wigan did enough to win, but don't look like a team that are going to dominate this season. Catalans in a fortnight will be a good test.

Leeds got themselves into the game tonight but then made too many simple errors. I don't think the Gale sin bin was worth 10 minutes, especially as Wigan had been penalised for an almost identical tackle in the first half with no further action. However, how the Leeds first try was awarded is a mystery to me.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
Les Dracs finally playing back at Brutus today, facing Wigan :)

The squad:

C3Z45RQ.jpg

Sam Tomkins back from suspension. But we're without Josh Drinkwater, Tom Davies, Micky McIlorum, David Mead and Sam Moa. Still, it should be a reasonably strong side.

We don't have the best record against Wigan, to be honest. 9 wins and a draw in 37 games, in spite of beating them in our very first Super League match all the way back in '06! In the last five meetings, the only one les Dracs won was the Camp Nou fixture. But, with all due respect to @TonyM19, I'm rather hoping for good things today.

Meanwhile, now that the table this season is to be based on win percentage just in case all the fixtures can't be gotten in under the wire:

y7PYbrM.jpg

We're top again baby!!!!! A win today, and it'll really start making the job of the chasing pack a bit harder. We're really going to have to start getting some fixtures played, mind.

Associate
Wigan are in a pretty false position at the moment. They aren't playing well. They seem to do nothing and then burst into life for a 5-10 minute spell. I'm not confident about today, although O'Loughlin is back. 3 years ago that would have made a massive difference, but those days are far and few between these days. This season is a golden opportunity for Catalan to win.

Looks like Hastings is off to RU next season. Been a big disappointment for Wigan this season so far. Never really looked like his heart is in it

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
Two wins on the bounce. One against a young Leeds side, who played really well. One against Wakefield, who were nothing special.

Got another four (I think?) home matches now. About bloody time given how much CEO Guasch has had to spend on chartered flights to get the boys over to England...

Associate
Leeds gave Wigan a lesson on how to play in wet weather. They ran harder and tackled harder than Wigan all day. They did what Wigan have done to teams in the past. Easily the better team and deservedly onto the final

The decision to rest everybody against Sts now looks misguided. Bit of a reality check for some of Wigan's younger forwards who were beginning to believe the hype about them. Aggressive and good on a firm pitch, but a bit lightweight and can be pushed around a bit when the going is a bit heavier

I wonder how Hastings feels about leaving Salford to play in finals :)

Back
Top Bottom