***Rugby Super League XXVI (other RL chat welcome!)***

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
Watching an actual match from Brutus for les Dracs. Marvellous concept.

Bright start for the boys as well. Catalans 20-0 Salford with 33 mins played.

Associate
Hastings to Wests - official
Wigan move quickly to sign Harry Smith to a 4 year deal.
Rumours on the Wigan boards that they are after Truman from Cas. They wanted him when he left Bradford, but I think he'll be Warrington bound with Powell.
Community game kicks off again this weekend :)

Soldato
Had he let his passport expire? He'll need it to get back to Australia at the end of the season. His first few months showed what he can do. If he can be bothered. Mostly, it seems, he can't.

Heard that he had less than 6 months on it (EU Rules not sure if Aus have the same) but Sky said he was dropped. Either way after that performance he can’t just walk back into the team surely.

I know what you mean I think he just had a good running game, whether his injury has stopped that now or teams know his trick it’s not worked for a while.

Widdop seems to be getting a bit better at least.

Associate
McShane has turned down a contract at Cas. Might be putting two and two to make five, but Clarke to Australia and McShane to Wire with the new coach doesn't sound too ridiculous.

Be interesting to see how long Liam Watts and Lee Radford stick together now Radford has the Cas job. They fell out at Hull (and Radford isn't somebody to fall out with). Watts moving from Hull to Cas was a lever in Shaun Wane wrapping up at Wigan. He wanted him at Wigan, and he might be the prop that they have been looking for for 2 or 3 seasons - physically imposing, a damaging carrier, long minutes, 100m + per game. Having said that, he looked a yard off the pace against Wigan last week.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
Tony Clubb: Wigan Warriors prop suspended and investigation to be held into alleged racist remark.

***edit***

On a brighter note it's les Dracs leading as I type - Wakefield 6-16 Catalans :)

***Edit 2: The Wrath of Khan***

And Wakefield back at 'em - 12-16.

***Edit 3: The Search For Spock***

12-20 now.

***Edit 4: The Voyage Home***

16-20...

***Edit 5: The Final Frontier***

Tries coming thick and fast at the end! I was just typing 18-32 and now it's 18-38 FT :cool: Much better performance than last time out.

Last edited:

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
Some depressing rubbish on the Wigan forums as people are trying to say what a person should find to be racially offensive. Embarrasing.

Embarrassing and unfortunate, at any time but especially on a weekend where sports teams are going dark to protest social media inaction on racist content.

Still. Investigation first, verdict and punishment if found guilty.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
Les Dracs out of the Cup. Possibly for the best (at least for Bernard Guasch's wallet) given what participation was costing :eek:

Wigan leading their tie against Hull as I type. 0-4.

***edit***

Jinxed it! Hull try. 6-4.

***edit***

You know, I'm starting to wonder if Hardaker is actually any good...

***edit***

20-10. Wigan resolutely awful at times.

Cas vs. Salford coming up.

Last edited:

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
Cas vs Salford was a slightly higher quality affair than Hull-Wigan, deservedly going to a golden point and the win deservedly going to Castleford - Salford went for the drop goal too early, Cas capitalising on that mistake to get back up the other end and into position.

As far as French rugby goes, Toulouse made my weekend rather better today - they minced Widnes 70-0 in their Championship clash :cool:

Associate
This was a carbon copy of last year's semi final v Leeds. Get Wigan on a wet day, kick deep and let their lightweight forwards try to do yardage from their own line - guaranteed to succeed. Bit harder to contain them on a dry day with their pacy backs mind.

I think French is wasted on the wing. I know Hardaker wants to stake a claim for the fb spot for England (which Wane has already said is going to be Sam Tomkins), but its not Wigan's responsibility to make that happen for him. Similary with the goal kicking, a 59% sucees rate isn't going to win a close game.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
I know Hardaker wants to stake a claim for the fb spot for England (which Wane has already said is going to be Sam Tomkins), but its not Wigan's responsibility to make that happen for him.

If that was him trying to show that he's a better choice than Sam Tomkins then he blew it, big time...

Back
Top Bottom