Rugby union?

Stu

Stu

Soldato
ok cheers, :)yep that's harsh

On another topic, I watched the Zebre v Bath game yesterday, there was one penalty (or conversion?) that Zebre took - ball hit the post then bounced back into play - I guess this could cause all sorts of offside/knock on issues etc...

It would have been a penalty... Play stops after a conversion whether successful or not.

No, should all be pretty simple... Just play on! Kicker's team need to be behind the kicker at the point of kicking to start on side, after which it's open play (no offside line created until a tackle is made).

Soldato
Well, I got along to my first session in about 6 years on Tuesday, and didn't break anything :)

Good bunch, and a decent coach. Was absolutely wild having a beer outside the clubhouse afterwards with new people!

Bit weird doing some contact training with strangers. Mostly just touch, but did some varieties where we'd form 2-man rucks and compete over the tackle. Had my jab though, so not worried.

My arthritis in my toes is giving me hell but I'm resigned to just living with it now until it's bad enough it needs surgery. But tbh, given I'm 40 now, I felt pretty good, in fact with all the climbing I've been doing the past few years I'm fitter and stronger than I've ever been in my yoof when I played last!

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Well, I got along to my first session in about 6 years on Tuesday, and didn't break anything :)

Good bunch, and a decent coach. Was absolutely wild having a beer outside the clubhouse afterwards with new people!

Bit weird doing some contact training with strangers. Mostly just touch, but did some varieties where we'd form 2-man rucks and compete over the tackle. Had my jab though, so not worried.

My arthritis in my toes is giving me hell but I'm resigned to just living with it now until it's bad enough it needs surgery. But tbh, given I'm 40 now, I felt pretty good, in fact with all the climbing I've been doing the past few years I'm fitter and stronger than I've ever been in my yoof when I played last!

Great to hear, well done!

Soldato
Been training for a few weeks now....been enjoying it. Started contact yesterday and was all going well till near the end of the session, someone landed on the side of my knee and ****we my MCL :(

Thought I might have got away with just a minor strain, but here I am awake at 5am because of the pain, and can barely walk.

Balls :mad:

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Bad news :( sorry to hear about injury... one of the reasons I stopped, I seem to get broken more easily now, and recovery takes longer.

Soldato
My last two contact training sessions....5 years apart. First one, broken rib. Second one, torn MCL.

Just unlucky...I'm going to give it one more go though, I've really enjoyed being back at a club and it's literally a stone's throw from my house, would be a shame to not even manage to play for the social side.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
My last two contact training sessions....5 years apart. First one, broken rib. Second one, torn MCL.

Just unlucky...I'm going to give it one more go though, I've really enjoyed being back at a club and it's literally a stone's throw from my house, would be a shame to not even manage to play for the social side.
It's all about touch rugby when you're over 40 :cry:

Soldato
It's all about touch rugby when you're over 40 :cry:

Hah yeah, there is a weekly touch session if all else fails :D

Watching the lions announcements now.....wonder if Smith will sneak in, think I'd rather he went on the England summer tour though and got capped tbh.

Associate
Good Lions squad, they won't be pushed around by the Boks.

Chuffed for Sam Simmonds, it's his chance to show Eddie what his missing.

Bundee Aki is a left field choice, but I'm glad they Sexton (Mr Winge) out

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Aki somewhat surprising, but obviously picked for physicality. Surprised Daly picked. Underhill's omission is a surprise, and May.

Soldato
Daly and Farrell cover several positions, Daly also has a thunderous boot. But yes it is surprising, he's not been on best form but he the versatility a touring team might need. A better number of players against the back line positions than last tour when he took only 2 fly halves and way too many back 3 players. This team is not really picked to play fancy rugby, he's decided that the only way to beat them is front up physically and picked a squad that he thinks can do that. I think it's a false lesson from the World Cup final. The Beast was earning cheap scrum penalties off Cole because the ref was blaming Cole for the boring in. Clever Beast. But that penalty deficit put England on the back foot and chasing the game, I wasn't entirely convinced at the time that South Africa were that much stronger than England more several things tipped against them and England haven't ever been able to chase a game.

Soldato
Marcus Smith is in absolutely ridiculous form....has to play for England this summer.

Second week in a row, with us down to 14 men, he's scored a last second try and slotted the penalty to snatch the win.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Yeah, Smith must be in the England tour side. Jones will certainly take 2 fly-halves... I wonder if he will rest Ford and take both Smith and Simmonds, or whether the two youngsters will be fighting for one space.

Soldato
What a game! I'm still amazed that Smith hasn't had a minute in a England shirt yet. Ford is experienced for sure, but with Farrell off with the Lions, I'm not sure he's much good without him. Jones is going to have to think of other options. I'm disappointed for Dombrandt that Billy Vunipola isn't in the Lions (disappointed for Billy too, but Faletau is far more dynamic) as I think he'd have got some decent game time with England.

EDIT: Sad way for Mike Brown to end his Quins career too... not sure what he was thinking.

Man of Honour
Did you go?

I was there and whilst it was very one sided, lots handling errors from Bristol and left a lot of points on the pitch against 14 man Glos.

We'd have lost to a top half team I think.
No, watched it on TV. I’m a Gloucester fan and season ticket holder and I can’t wait to go back for games but I’ve been unlucky in the ballot so far. The first half was just ridiculous!

Back
Top Bottom