Running Two Monitors Off MacBook Pro 13" TouchBar

Soldato
Hi guys,

I want to do away with my work PC and just use my MacBook in the office and at home (running windows).

I would like to run dual 24" (or bigger) monitors off the MacBook while closed, along with a separate keyboard and mouse. I would have the same set up at work and home to make things constant and then just use the MacBook in "laptop" mode while away.

Is this possible? I want the set up to be as clean as possible without too many wires.

Please help.

Thanks,

Eddie

Soldato
Can you run two monitors off one display port then?

You can off 2 thunderbolt usb 3.1 ports like the macbook has, just need monitors that are 'usb c' type inputs or an adaptor - you can't run two off one display port directly (is in a proper display port input) but an adaptor from usb c to 2x displays maybe possible, but id imagine to only 2.7k res each - either 2.7k x2 or 4/5k single display from one - you can however run a monitor and other stuff off one, so i think your macbook has 2 usb c ports? so run 2x 4k displays and also then all your keyboards, mouse etc

You can as said however daisy chain usb c type ports - but you need usb c ('thunderbolt') inputs on the monitors which are pricier than there normal counterparts

Back
Top Bottom