Rusholme Curry Recommendation

Soldato
Dear OcUK’s finest curry lovers. The time has come for me to experience the delights of curry mile. Any recommendations for one which doesn’t come with GI complications?

Many thanks in advance!
Tom

Soldato
Ten years ago I could have reeled off 10 or so decent curry houses but the curry mile has definitely shifted towards the grilled meat / shisha bar mile. A lot of the restaurants and takeaways there are now more Persian Grill types and the curry houses have fallen out of favour.

I'd probably stick to the 2 big ones, MyLahore and Mughli for the best curry experience. Lal Qila is also supposed to be very good too but I haven't been. If you're in the town centre, I'd personally go to Akbars and have a lamb bhuna, desi style. I genuinely find curries from Akbars are far nicer than most places on the curry mile, even if it's more of a 'party' atmosphere.

Soldato
OP
Thank you @DanTheMan - had another recommendation for Mughli today at work so good to know that it’s a good standard. Think I’ll try there. I’m based at the hospital so curry mile is much more convenient than town for me.

Very similar story to what you’re describing in Ladypool road in Brum. The Balti Triangle is definitely less Balti and more shisha and grill. Good eats there still, but harder to find a Balti house.

Soldato
Thank you @DanTheMan - had another recommendation for Mughli today at work so good to know that it’s a good standard. Think I’ll try there. I’m based at the hospital so curry mile is much more convenient than town for me.

Very similar story to what you’re describing in Ladypool road in Brum. The Balti Triangle is definitely less Balti and more shisha and grill. Good eats there still, but harder to find a Balti house.

I was going to say, if you're coming from a Brum background you've probably already had some very decent curries. I haven't been for a curry on the curry mile for a few years but I imagine it's still decent in the bigger places.

It's also Eid tomorrow so should be a fun atmosphere if you're out down Rusholme.

Back
Top Bottom