Poll: Russian Grand Prix 2020, Sochi - Race 10/17

Rate the 2020 Russian Grand Prix out of ten

Results are only viewable after voting.
Associate
Reading on reddit that Finnish TV knew about the penalty before announced by FIA (Implicating Salo was passing on information to the media during the discussions). Further suggestions that it was originally due to be a 4 point penalty and therefore, a race ban for next weekend but, this went down to a 2 point penalty...

Still might be some fireworks from this!

Soldato
The FIA certainly have it in for Hamilton now. He’s going to have to be squeaky clean. Mercedes need to stop screwing him over too.

Indeed, their clarification to the press doesn’t clarify anything. I bet Mercedes legal team will be looking at it very very carefully.

You seem to be on some kind of rant. You don't need your tin foil hat, there is no global conspiracy, just accept that teams/drivers make mistakes over the course of a season and get penalties for those mistakes.

Follow the rules, notes, and regulations and there is nothing to worry about.

Soldato
First I thought how stupid of merc, but I've just remembered its the flicking lap to the grid fgs not free practice no driver should be in race mode at all, does the lap to the grid count as anything other than a drive to the grid?

That's like giving a penalty for incorrect track walk or something its not part of the competition.

They all drive me mad, just get on with the race you idiots

JRS

JRS

Soldato
What did anyone really expect this weekend? They're at the second most racist place on the calendar after the US, so of course Hamilton was going to get penalised! :p

Man of Honour
No penalty points for hamilton.
The team got find 25,000 euro

Common sense at last. Makes you wonder about the time penalty too.

You seem to be on some kind of rant. You don't need your tin foil hat, there is no global conspiracy, just accept that teams/drivers make mistakes over the course of a season and get penalties for those mistakes.

Follow the rules, notes, and regulations and there is nothing to worry about.

Not at all. I was right and the FIA have corrected their decision as above which makes a lot more sense.

Soldato
Common sense at last. Makes you wonder about the time penalty too.

Not at all. I was right and the FIA have corrected their decision as above which makes a lot more sense.

But the mistake they made in the first place cost Hamilton 10 seconds in the race, track position, and likely the win. How are they going to fix that? And next time it will be yet another mistake from the stewards because they never seem to know what they are doing.

Back
Top Bottom