Poll: Russian Grand Prix 2020, Sochi - Race 10/17

Rate the 2020 Russian Grand Prix out of ten

Results are only viewable after voting.
Soldato
Gave it a 3 and that was being generous.
Dull race on a terrible track, with some absolutely amateur hour stewarding all weekend.
You can tell the stewarding team are sorely missing the guidance and experience of Charlie. So far Masi has come across as an absolute clown, and is continuously making odd decisions and rulings and standing by them regardless to appear tough and authoritative. Just feels like he's going about it the wrong way, and is not the right way to go about getting the respect and authority the role requires. I might be wrong but thats definitely the impression I get. He's got big boots to fill, I get that, and Charlie was far from perfect. But yeah its just frustrating to watch.

Soldato
Dismal race on a dismal track which just asks for issues with track limits given the acres of concrete run off, and artificially tight corners.

Also, how is having the cars that miss T1/2 go through a chicane whilst aiming straight for a wall considered safe?

Soldato
Pretty boring race, Croft is the ever present idiot as far as commentary goes.

Bottas drove well, he probably would have won regardless of Lewis penalties due to him being on the mediums, but his FU comments over the radio as last time, out of context, he gets a win and then challenges comments about him but only does so when he's been lucky as to others penalties/bad luck.

Win on merit Bottas and then you can shoot your mouth off.

Soldato
Seems fairly clear to me.

Today was a seemingly incorrect interpretation of a rule that post race resulted in a partial admission of fault on the FIAs part, albeit dressed up in words to suggest otherwise.

The pitlane closure is a driver ignoring/missing a sign/flag. If his team told him not to slow down during yellows he'd still get punished even though his team told him to.

That just seems to be your interpretation of it. Where is the admission of fault or that the stewards interpreted the race directors notes wrongly? As far as I can see the FIA stands clear there was an infringement. Hence the penalty. The only reason Lewis doesn't get the two points, is because Merc have gone to the Stewards and said it was our fault, we told him not to it in the correct place.

It is harsh, but they have to suck it up and deal with it.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Fell asleep at 2/3 distance, woke up and the order was the same :/

Terrible circuit and awful stewarding decisions.

Soldato
Went with a 4. A couple of exciting dices between cars plus a pretty exciting first lap all in all. I do quite like the overtaking on that fast left-hander into the tight right, but by contrast, the DRS was far too strong along the main straight.

The penalties for the second corner were plain ridiculous, like how the hell was Ricciardo meant to safely navigate the polystyrene zig-zag after only narrowly cutting the corner slightly after locking up? Fair enough when running wide right at the start of the corner but any later you just end up with a mess like Grosjean demonstrated! Wonder how Sainz's apology to the team for his cockup went? :eek:
Double penalty for Lewis seemed stupid at the time, even more stupid now that they've partially rescinded it...

Caporegime
Gave it a 5.only because of the Renault points haul.

That ocon-Riccardo swap was terrible .

That corner rule is a joke.

Hamilton penalty, I guess it's fair. Rules are rules. I found the Bottas FU a bit cocky. He did not win on merit. Save it for that

Man of Honour
Gave it a 3. Lifeless track, little happened outside of DRS and a few time penalties. The FIA were appalling - everything about T1/2 just didn't make sense, then part rescinding Hamilton's penalty (let's also keep in mind that without speaking up Hamilton would be 2 points away from a race ban when Grosjean is on zero points...). Bottas was annoying, win on merit and perhaps try not to get outqualified by such a big margin. Crofty said so many ridiculous things I lost track. I've enjoyed the season on the whole, but it was the first weekend I questioned my Sky sub.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom