Poll: Russian Grand Prix 2020, Sochi - Race 10/17

Rate the 2020 Russian Grand Prix out of ten

Results are only viewable after voting.
Soldato
Indeed, their clarification to the press doesn’t clarify anything. I bet Mercedes legal team will be looking at it very very carefully.

"Hamilton asked the team on his radio whether he could “go further out” to perform his practice start, and then whether he could go “to the end of the pit wall?” His race engineer Pete Bonnington answered: “Yeah, copy. Leave enough room for cars to pass.”

"The team’s trackside engineering director Andrew Shovlin confirmed the team did not realise where Hamilton intended to perform his practice start. It was only when they saw his second start that they realised the stewards were “not going to like” what Hamilton had done."

“Lewis asked if he could go a bit further,” Shovlin explained. “We hadn’t realised quite how far he was he was going to go.”

“We didn’t see the first one,” said Shovlin. “When we saw the second one we thought ‘they’re not going to like that’.”

https://www.racefans.net/2020/09/27...-not-going-to-like-hamiltons-practice-starts/

Over confidence and not knowing where there driver is.
Another Merc\hamilton fail.

Caporegime
Hamilton's clarified his comments, saying that he meant that the stewards always penalise the front runner more than the rest, rather than that they were picking on him personally. And, yeah, he's right isn't he? We've seen over the years how the FIA seem much more reluctant to apply penalties to drivers chasing the front runner (e.g. Vettel) whilst being much quicker to apply penalties to drivers that seem to be running away with it. He was also referring to how the rules are changed to clip the wings of any team seen to be running away with it, and - again - he's right isn't he?

I thought it was a pretty silly comment when I first heard it, but I think he was just phrasing it badly.

Soldato
Hamilton's clarified his comments, saying that he meant that the stewards always penalise the front runner more than the rest, rather than that they were picking on him personally. And, yeah, he's right isn't he? We've seen over the years how the FIA seem much more reluctant to apply penalties to drivers chasing the front runner (e.g. Vettel) whilst being much quicker to apply penalties to drivers that seem to be running away with it. He was also referring to how the rules are changed to clip the wings of any team seen to be running away with it, and - again - he's right isn't he?

I thought it was a pretty silly comment when I first heard it, but I think he was just phrasing it badly.

I think the other drivers that had penalty's in the race would disagree.
Like Danny Ric. You have a 5 second penalty. DR=Ok I will drive faster..

No moaning he just got on with it.

Soldato
Danny Ric's penalty was due to him driving off the track. He knew what was wrong.

It's amazing how many people are trying to compare the reactions to two incidents which share nothing in common.

Soldato
I love the way Bottas thinks he deserved the win because he said something about how this should address his critics. He only won because of the stupid steward rules, not because he drove better than Lewis.

Soldato
I love the way Bottas thinks he deserved the win because he said something about how this should address his critics. He only won because of the stupid steward rules, not because he drove better than Lewis.

Whatever gives him confidence over the next coming races. If it puts a bit more dog in him then I don't mind him using his win (It's not like he drove badly, he just benefitted from some luck) to build some momentum with.

Soldato
Whatever gives him confidence over the next coming races. If it puts a bit more dog in him then I don't mind him using his win (It's not like he drove badly, he just benefitted from some luck) to build some momentum with.

The usual pattern is that Hamilton has a crappy race (for whatever reason) still gets second or third, then proceeds to crush Bottas for the next two or three races, which then makes Bottas drop off even more as he's gone from a win that lifts him up, to another few races of being outclassed. It's the usual pattern of everyone else getting crumbs from when Hamilton doesn't win (though he always gets points), and you can't win a championship from getting crumbs.

I feel a bit sorry for Bottas, as he doesn't have the excuse that the other drivers have of not having a Mercedes car, but he's just not as good a driver as Hamilton. Bottas and the other drivers are unlucky that they are trying to win during Hamilton's driving years, and Hamilton's one of the best of all time.

Soldato
Danny Ric's penalty was due to him driving off the track. He knew what was wrong.

It's amazing how many people are trying to compare the reactions to two incidents which share nothing in common.

Some drivers just take it and get on with the race.

Hamilton WHY MAN...WHAT DID I DO MAAAAN..You went over the white line lewis...I never saw it MAN
Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me

Soldato

He won because hamilton was on the wrong tires.

Hamilton could have got 2nd if not for the penalty.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Hamilton WHY MAN...WHAT DID I DO MAAAAN..You went over the white line lewis...I never saw it MAN
Grow up ffs.

Caporegime

Judging by Hamilton's pace starting on the softs and going to the hards vs. Bottas on the mediums to hards; I'm not so sure. Although, of course, he might have driven differently without the penalty. But even that was down to bad luck in Quali, and the truth is that Hamilton crushed Bottas to an extraordinary degree in Quali. If it helps Bottas deliver a bit better next race then good for him but I'm expecting usual service to be resumed in Germany.

Bottas's only real chance of taking this season is if Lewis catches Covid-19 and has to miss a bunch of races.

Soldato

Danny Ric broke a well known rule and it was clear what he did. He made no attempt to go through the designated route. Arguing that would've made him look like a moron.

Hamilton had no idea what he did was wrong seeing as his team gave him the greenlight.

Completely different scenarios and you're expecting them to have the same conclusion. Nonsense.

The usual pattern is that Hamilton has a crappy race (for whatever reason) still gets second or third, then proceeds to crush Bottas for the next two or three races, which then makes Bottas drop off even more as he's gone from a win that lifts him up, to another few races of being outclassed. It's the usual pattern of everyone else getting crumbs from when Hamilton doesn't win (though he always gets points), and you can't win a championship from getting crumbs.

I feel a bit sorry for Bottas, as he doesn't have the excuse that the other drivers have of not having a Mercedes car, but he's just not as good a driver as Hamilton. Bottas and the other drivers are unlucky that they are trying to win during Hamilton's driving years, and Hamilton's one of the best of all time.

I feel if he hasn't realised it now, he'll come to the conclusion that he just wasn't fast enough to beat Hamilton consistently. When all is said and done and he's retired and the dust has settles I think he'll realise there is no shame in coming second and sometimes beating the man who may well be statistically the greatest to ever have been in the sport.

He's not doing bad. He's just up against a great. No shame in losing to someone of that calibre no matter how much it must hurt today. He said it best on Saturday; "I don't get it"

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

What's a matter with you?
Trying to take over or trying to be the best bully in town?

And this from a mod!
Stop posting garbage and be objective for once in your life?

I could post multiple videos of Max / Kimi / Lecrec angry about a decision. For the most part Hamilton has been reserved when things have gone wrong this season (tyre blow out at Silverstone for instance) but no, you’d rather carry on with your childish attempts at trolling.

...and I say this as a user, not a moderator.

Soldato
Stop posting garbage and be objective for once in your life?

I could post multiple videos of Max / Kimi / Lecrec angry about a decision. For the most part Hamilton has been reserved when things have gone wrong this season (tyre blow out at Silverstone for instance) but no, you’d rather carry on with your childish attempts at trolling.

...and I say this as a user, not a moderator.

You think it's rubbish I do not.

End of.

Back
Top Bottom