Poll: Russian Grand Prix 2020, Sochi - Race 10/17

Rate the 2020 Russian Grand Prix out of ten

Results are only viewable after voting.
Soldato
Why cant people just be normal in here, why does this thread always have to be toxic.
Deuse he's right, you have been posting continual childish crap. You got called out on it, grow up and take the criticism!

Soldato
Not a great race. But then its not a great track.

Lewis once again showing his quality and capitalising on Merc dominance. What a performance to bring in a podium after that penalty.

The decision to stay out a bit longer before his pit was crucial and a good call from Lewis to avoid being stuck behind the unusually racy Renaults.

Bottas has always behaved in quite a humble and rounded way, so his outburst follwing the chequered flag was both a surprise and a disappointment.

Perhaps a glimpse of the real Bottas? Whatever the case I feel he let himself and the team down with that.

I will give it 4 out of 10 simply due to some of the racing further down the pack here and there.

Soldato
Bottas has always behaved in quite a humble and rounded way, so his outburst follwing the chequered flag was both a surprise and a disappointment.

Perhaps a glimpse of the real Bottas? Whatever the case I feel he let himself and the team down with that.

I think it goes to show that the criticism and his lack of performance against his teammate is impacting him psychologically, probably making things worse for him when it comes to racing on track.

Man of Honour
3/10 Boring race as usual for this terrible track that just happens to have one cracking long flat out corner. At least Hamilton has had the two penalty points taken off so he's back to 8 again. I don't agree with his time penalty let alone getting two points on his licence for nothing more than a couple of practice starts. Points should only be awarded for dangerous driving, poor sportsmanship and things like that. What the hell was Bottas ranting at? He only won because Hamilton had a 10 second penalty. It's not as if he won the race down to his own skill. Albon shows once again that he is not fit to be in that seat.

Caporegime

Apparently he's been replying to the trolls on Instagram. I think the constant criticism is getting to him, as is the being thrashed by his superior teammate. He doesn't strike me as particularly delusional, he must on some level understand that he's simply not able to match Hamilton, and for all these guys they've come through being used to being better than everyone around them. Most F1 drivers can console themselves that they "didn't have the car to win" but Bottas knows that's not true. He has a championship winning car under him and he's doing sod all with it.

Caporegime
Vettel is complaining about Ferrari strategy saying he was left out to slow the Renaults down. Well, yeah, that's what you do with the number 2 driver, mate, don't remember Vettel complaining when it was Kimi rear gunning for him. In any case, I can't imagine he lost the over 20s he was behind Albon in those few extra laps anyway. Using him to help his teammate who was in with a much better chance simply makes sense for the team.

Soldato
Apparently he's been replying to the trolls on Instagram. I think the constant criticism is getting to him, as is the being thrashed by his superior teammate. He doesn't strike me as particularly delusional, he must on some level understand that he's simply not able to match Hamilton, and for all these guys they've come through being used to being better than everyone around them. Most F1 drivers can console themselves that they "didn't have the car to win" but Bottas knows that's not true. He has a championship winning car under him and he's doing sod all with it.

Yeah there's massive pressure on Bottas but conversely I think you could argue there's more on Lewis. He has to maintain the WDC level performance and as easy as he makes it look, Bottas is an example that shows how it isnt easy and further highlights that it isnt just about the car.

Lewis is on another level compared to most drivers and even Rosberg knows he got lucky and ducked out whilst he was ahead.

Man of Honour
Grow up ffs.

Sadly I find it is often best to leave this thread asap after a race. People are entitled to their opinions and of course can make comments in the heat of the moment, I've certainly made a few, but all too often from the same posters there are comments that lack objectivity and evidence.

I find judicious use of the ignore list has become necessary.

In comparison to Reddit its tame in here.

Man of Honour
Soldato

For someone as competitive as a F1 driver....every single weekend being reminded that you simply aren't as good as your team-mate must be infuriating. At least Bottas isn't being embarassed....he's just a few percent behind the guy that is inevitably going to be the most successful F1 driver of all time.

Soldato
It does seem that way, which is incredibly weird given his signature.

I have followed Hamilton since his karting days.
I remember his dad standing at a corner so Lewis would have something to aim for.

if @CaptainRAVE would look at my sig like I asked him to.
He would know I'm part of the TeamLH. And my pic was added with many others.
I and others are on some wall some where :D

It's these silly over the top fan boys that I can't stand.

Back
Top Bottom