1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rutland water

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by TRiP, 7 May 2006.

1. TRiP

Hitman

since it was such a nice evening on wednesday, i thought id take a trip to rutland water and try a few more landscape shots.
    i got there while the sun was quite high but didnt take many pictures, just wandered around looking for a good spot to catch the sunset. i never really used to look for good spots to get good landscape shots, i just used to walk around taking pictures of this and that and never really come away with anything good.

not much post processing done on these, i used a polariser, nd grads, orange grads and orange solid filters. contrast and saturation edited in RSE, sensor dirt cloned out in photoshop and border adfded.

anyway, these are all taken from the south east corner near the dam.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

comments and critique very welcome.

2. Joe T

Capodecina

Like that first one - lots more impact that the other two. :)

3. olv

Soldato

the first shot is great. i love the geometry created by the fence and it's reflection

4. cyKey

Sgarrista

I think the composition is a little off on the first one. The right hand side is very empty and doesn't compliment the photo. Maybe crop it a bit so the sun is central. Everything else is nice about them. Good colours.

5. MichaelG

Gangster

Love shot 2. The still water makes all the difference for me.

Thanks

6. madmaxx

Hitman

Love the colours of no.1, but the clearer reflection in no.2 make that the best shot for me - great work! :)

7. Mohain

Wise Guy

No. 1 is realy nice. I agree with cyKey about cropping some RHS. I must get some ND grads. Greaty job :)

8. Lostkat

Sgarrista

Really like No.1, and also agree with Cykey on the cropping. Some stunning colours in all 3 photographs. Can't believe how still the reservoir is in No.2. Looks like it's been photoshopped! :)

9. Colin_da_Killer

Banned

great photos, I can't help but feel the photo would be easier on the eye if the fence was going from right to left though, tried mirroring the image to test this?

10. Sleepyd

Hitman

1's a stunner

11. Shootist

Gangster

Got a Canon I see :p