• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RX 5000 production, stock, orders and how does it all work?

Associate
Sorry if this issue has been addressed before, but if anyone can help resolve my uncertainties - I'd be most grateful!

I'm curious about stuff you can buy on Oc when it's out of stock. I noticed that the RTX 3080, for example, is not in stock (shocked Pikachu face) and so obviously can't be ordered. Presumably when Oc knows stock is on the way or there is otherwise some guarantee of stock becoming available then the option to pre-order may appear.
But what of items listed that are out of stock, not on pre-order but still available to order? Many of the RX 5000 series appears this way. I mean I'm happy to wait if there is a good chance they will arrive but I am also aware that the 5000 series is nearing or has maybe reached the end of it's production cycle. Plus the demand for the 6000 series and GPU in general at the moment it seems!

So my question would be if I order one of these cards (which I obviously have), is it possible that it will never arrive? I would assume yes as I'm sure such an order is not a guarantee - but then what are the chances of this happening, what are the factors that will affect the chance of a card becoming available again?

Associate
OP
I did, the 5600xt. I had the money (at the time lol) and there are so few cards available even to pre-order (in my budget) when I saw that I may be able to secure my very own 5600 - I didn't think twice :) lol

Do you think they will be back in stock?

Associate
Best to ask in the customer services sub-forum. They will be able to tell you when/if they are expecting stock, and help you with canceling the order if you don't like the answer :)

Associate
OP
It was just a couple of weeks ago, I know how slowly GPUs of all types are moving from manufacturer to shelf. But now I'm not watching out for other cards because my budget is tied :/

Associate
OP
Hey thank you StarShock, I (am new here obviously!) did have a look but couldn't find a 'customer service' specific thread but I'm sure I'm just not looking properly. I got to the forum from the 'contact us' section, if I search 'customer service' this post come up now first.... can you link it here for me? Sorry to bother - supper appreciate everybody's input!

Associate
OP
Thank you pastymuncher (lol love the name) I did anticipate a long wait - possibly in the months. I imaging the same thing for anyone looking out for a 3080 or just about any card! It's amazing how few are available (at least that I see here in the UK)

I would be very happy with a wait if I knew the card was for sure, it's the thought after I had that maybe they never will be available :/

Back
Top Bottom