• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RX 5700 MSI Gaming X - Green Screen Crash and reboot.

Associate
Hi folks,
So just picked up my new RX 5700 last week and on 3 occasions in the last 2 days I've had a Green Screen crash and this then reboots the system without any error messages or details as to what caused the crash.
Each time it has happened when just starting to Game.
I'm running Radeon 20.4.2 drivers and it's happened twice on Resident Evil 3 when just starting to play the game and once on the Day Z trial over the weekend.
One thing i have noticed is that after the crash the next time windows boots the Radeon Software doesn't start up so I suspect it's driver related. Once the crash has happened and rebooted I seem to be able to game without issue for the rest of the day.

Any ideas ? New System build Ryzen 3600, 16gb 3200Mhz DDR4 ram and no issues with prior graphics card Vega 64 (Got the RX 5700 due to noise of Vega).

Associate
Apologies if you've already tried this, but try using DisplayDriverUninstaller tool to fully remove the drivers, then re-installing.

Back
Top Bottom